Well I could wait no more

S

stokepa31

HI All

I have just placed my order for a pro connect. Cant wait till they arrive. My wife has just gone loopy but hey ho. I will be asking 50c to mod the rear sprocket so will let you know if they will oblige.

And by the way, I will wait patienty - promise :)

Paul

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Congratulations Paul, hope you don't suffer with pressure from the "better half" pending the delivery. :D

At least the wait shouldn't be too long, unlike for those who ordered over two months ago.

S

stokepa31

Its ok Flecc, I just blamed you and your in depth review for making a kalkoff irresistable. I would watch your back for a few weeks and keep an eye out for a black ibiza :D :D

Paul

StrangeFish

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2008
Bristol (BS14) UK.
Congratulations Paul, hope you don't suffer with pressure from the "better half" pending the delivery. :D

At least the wait shouldn't be too long, unlike for those who ordered over two months ago.
Hi Flecc! ...should make a very nice Xmas present for Paul, I would think! Or is that being a little too cynical? ;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Its ok Flecc, I just blamed you and your in depth review for making a kalkoff irresistable. I would watch your back for a few weeks and keep an eye out for a black ibiza

Paul
Just as well I've got mirrors on the bikes then. That's if an Ibiza is fast enough to catch me of course. :p

Hi Flecc! ...should make a very nice Xmas present for Paul, I would think! Or is that being a little too cynical? ;)
Makes two too cynical if so. :D

You're the second to use the Xmas joke in the Kalkhoff delivery posts. :)

Me? I've just been idly wondering what the next excuse for them not arriving will be:

Truck broke down.

Impounded by customs.

Ferry sank.

Wrong address on crates.

S

stokepa31

It should be an interesting day if they dont turn up! I hope they do for the sake of all concerned.

Right I suppose i'd better do some work now. :(

Erik

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2008
I'm also keen on hearing if anyone gets their Aguttu this week, because mine is supposed to be built beginning of April.

You couldn't accuse Flecc of being protective towards 50Cycles in his last post.

S

stokepa31

I think Flecc has demonstrated his impartiallity is not in doubt on several occassions.

Paul

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
I am sure if the bikes were being made in england,production would be stepped up to meet demand by whatever means,or perhaps the delay is due to the availability of panasonic motors,again if they were being made in england,there would be temporary agency workers brought in to meet the demand,probably resulting in poor quality bikes,maybe good things come to those that wait.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I am sure if the bikes were being made in england,production would be stepped up to meet demand by whatever means
England's past record in meeting manufacturing demands actually doesn't bear looking at. I can remember batches of our small cars sent out temporarily with French engines from Renault when the English factories either didn't have the capacity or the "workers" were on one of their regular strikes. That applied to two different makes and models of "English" car, pity the poor unsuspecting owners who received the ill matched hybrids.

Plenty of other examples too endless to list, but it's one of the many reasons why our manufacturing industry collapsed, while Germany's is still strong due to their better overall performance.

S

stokepa31

Does anyone know if the bikes have turned up. Given the lack of people posting bad things, I'm asuming they are here!!!

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Does anyone know if the bikes have turned up. Given the lack of people posting bad things, I'm asuming they are here!!!
Calm before the storm perhaps.. No sign of life on the web.. I reckon they're either hiding under their duvets or they've done a runner:D

S

stokepa31

The suspense is killing me but I dont have a valid reason to phone them other than being nosey! I know my bike's not here till April!

Paul

Erik

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2008
...while Germany's is still strong due to their better overall performance.
But it's my experience that those of them with Italian or Japanese suppliers aren't always great at meeting promised delivery times.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
But it's my experience that those of them with Italian or Japanese suppliers aren't always great at meeting promised delivery times.
I agree, but not their fault of course. Our past poor record decades ago was with English manufactured parts throughout, but we solved the problem by just not bothering to make anything any more.

That way we can just sit back and blame other people. :rolleyes:

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
The suspense is killing me but I dont have a valid reason to phone them other than being nosey! I know my bike's not here till April!

Paul
I know, I am still waiting for the paperwork to come through for the CTW scheme. I put it in a month ago so now I am frustrated that they have arrived but I still have to wait. You might get yours before I get mine at this rate.

Last edited:

StrangeFish

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2008
Bristol (BS14) UK.
Calm before the storm perhaps.. No sign of life on the web.. I reckon they're either hiding under their duvets or they've done a runner:D
Hi musicbooks! ..... I would imagine most of us are just plain fed up waiting really. Also , I should think 50 cycles are absolutely creased with embarrassment about the non-appearance of our Agattus. Especially after giving us so many "expected" delivery dates! But I guess we have to realise that they are only passing on information given to them by Kalkhoff/Derby cycles. :confused:

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Hi musicbooks! ..... I would imagine most of us are just plain fed up waiting really. Also , I should think 50 cycles are absolutely creased with embarrassment about the non-appearance of our Agattus. Especially after giving us so many "expected" delivery dates! But I guess we have to realise that they are only passing on information given to them by Kalkhoff/Derby cycles. :confused:
Delivery expected tomorrow.. so happiness knows no bounds!

BW
musicbooks

Advertisers