We've moved to a new London showroom

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Hello, after three years over in Hampton Wick we've returned to a location within easy riding distance of Richmond Park.

Our first shop in London opened Hill Rise in Richmond-upon-Thames back in 2010 and we sent many first-time electric bike test-riders up the hill and into the Park. We're now glad to be back in that area and have relocated to the north of the Park, the nearest entrance being Sheen Gate, a few minutes ride through quiet residential streets (with unmetered parking!) to the south.

Our new address is

50cycles Electric Bikes
345 Upper Richmond Road West
East Sheen
London SW14 8QN.
map
Travel information

The new showroom is larger than Hampton Wick, with more workshop and storage space. It's located close to Mortlake station, a number of bus routes and good road links to Richmond to the West and Putney to the East. We're immediately opposite the Sheen branch of Pearson, which has a claim to be the world's oldest bike business. There's a branch of Waitrose down the road with free parking for 1½ hours. I can recommend the Hare and Hounds pub opposite for refreshments after your ride, we ate there last night after moving in, the beer garden is something to behold.

We've a good selection of 2015 Impulse 2.0 bikes available to test ride now and you'll get great service and advice from our store manager John. More news, information and photographs to follow.

Last edited:
Reactions: tillson

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Now that's a smart move, I'd say, Tim. Test riding in the park and round about will be a nicer experience than Hampton Wick and will probably pull in more customers.

I hope it goes well.

Tom
Yes, thank you Tom! It's a much nicer place to work too. We'd run out of lunch options in Hampton Wick after about 2 weeks!

The whole area bears some exploration - there's the Thames Path, Richmond Park routes, a maze of tranquil, mansion-lined roads, Wimbledon Common further afield. Our best shop opening yet.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
All the best for the new location Tim. Being opposite Pearson's with their lycra clad roadies enjoying their coffees should be interesting!

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
All the best for the new location Tim. Being opposite Pearson's with their lycra clad roadies enjoying their coffees should be interesting!
Thank you! I think our shop manager has been eyeing up a Pearson frame and he's keen on coffee, so I there's likely to be some two-way traffic over the road.

Reactions: flecc

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
which bus from Richmond station would take me to your shop?
is there any means of demoing an ebike ie a ride around Richmond par
k as it something I have wanted to do, but not hump my bike upwillesden station steps. and not having a car.l

thanks all as a sprog I lived in sheen lane

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
which bus from Richmond station would take me to your shop?
is there any means of demoing an ebike ie a ride around Richmond par
k as it something I have wanted to do, but not hump my bike upwillesden station steps. and not having a car.l

thanks all as a sprog I lived in sheen lane
Hello! Yes, you're very welcome to take any bikes that take your fancy for a ride.

The 493 bus from Richmond stop D arrives near our shop, and leaves from immediately outside our shop for the return trip (unless you end up riding home!)

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
We're offering 10% off all 2015 bikes in our new Richmond shop from now until the end of May to mark its opening. Just say you heard about this on the Pedelecs forum and John will oblige.

Last edited: