synergy edison folder

lapland 36 volt folder (x2)

Quando

powerbyke 21 speed

manky none branded folder

stokepa31_mk2

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 7, 2008
I own a torq and an agattu! not ridden any others although I've sat on a pro connect:D

stevebee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 9, 2007
Torq 1 for 6 mths (now sold unfortunately - wish I hadn't!) & a Nano Brompton

MaryinScotland

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2006
Dumfries, SW Scotland
Heinzmann Estelle Comfort - test ride

Urban Mover UM55 - 16 months

Heinzmann 200W/24V kit on Dawes street bike - 2 years

(Showing my age...) Sinclair Zeta II friction drive motor on Claude Butler street bike - about 18 months. (Lasted until out of warranty, then failed.)

Mary

fcurran

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2007
Bath
www.powabyke.com
Powabyke:

5 speed euro
6 speed euro
21 speed euro
24 speed commuter
7 speed folder
1 speed shopper
5 speed shopper
6 speed shopper
City Bike
Both trikes 3 and 5 speeds

Urban Mover:

UM33
UM80

Bright Bike GR8

Giant LaFree
Giant Suede

Sakura S305
S200

A Couple of Bliss bikes, (can't remember models)

Thompson

Electroped
Currie add on kit

Wisper 905 (I think)

Kalkhoff Agattu
Pro Connect
EZee Torq

Powacycle:
Cambridge
Windsor
Salisbury

Numerous others that I can't remember and are not on sale in the UK.

Regards

FrankC

P.S. Im not trying to show off!!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm a bit like Frank, and can't remember them all. Couple of Powabykes years ago, various eZee models, the whole Lafree range from start to finish, the Giant Suede and the Revive Spirit, Kalkhoff Agattu, early TGA Electrobike, Viking, original Currie Electrodrive, Zap, 200 watt Heinzmann, 350 watt BionX, Edison, Bliss 180 watt folder, a couple of oddball Chinese folders. Early Sparc, Sinclair Zeta, Thompson Euro Shopper and others I can't remember much about like a very heavy Chinese junk SLA mountain bike with a flashy paint finish

Most were just trying them out, and maintained my low opinion of e-bikes in general over several years, and I didn't move into ownership until early 2003 with the Lafree Twist.

Conal

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2007
bikes what I have rode

Powabyke 5 speed - solid, dependable, limited range, stolen

Aprilia Enjoy - didn't, waiting for me to use the frame for a project

Powabyke 5 speed again - now my spare

Ezee Forza pedelec - a 20 miles-an-hour dream machine purchased last October and never caused me a problem, I "race" the couriers and the thin-wheeled racing bike commuters every day and occasionally win (if there is a hill and as long as they don't realise that they are in a race!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Erm, not sure exactly what the point of this thread is :confused:

But anyway - so far Ezee Torq. Yup, just the one. No others. I'll get my coat...
Keith trying to embarass some possible. :D

No need to get your coat Simon, arguably it's best to know a lot about one than know very little about lots. :)

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
bionx

350 watt BionX,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

what can you tell me about this one Tony, i think my first read ups on e-bikes was about the paratrooper one with a bionx on it, i looked on u tube only yesterday watching someone fold and unfold and i do like the bike style..
keith

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
stolen

Ezee Forza pedelec - a 20 miles-an-hour dream machine purchased last October and never caused me a problem, I "race" the couriers and the thin-wheeled racing bike commuters every day and occasionally win (if there is a hill and as long as they don't realise that they are in a race!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

is the 20mph in pedalec mode or power only ?..if pedalec have you altered the sprocket thingies they talk about on here ?

talking of thin wheeled bikes i was in a bike shop today with a real snotty owner who when i asked if he ever sold second hand bromtons i got a sarcastic reply "ive never sold a new one let alone a second hand one, i only sell "proper" bikes"....feeling 2 foot tall i looked at the racer in front of me with a price tag reduced right down to £3999 from £5000 :eek: ...1k off lol..ok 1k and a pound......:cool:

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Erm, not sure exactly what the point of this thread is :confused:

But anyway - so far Ezee Torq. Yup, just the one. No others. I'll get my coat...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------the point of this thread was two fold,1) it was half past midnight and you was all tucked up in bed with no postings to read 2) reading what others have riden and have got at the moment leads to questions, i already have asked Flecc about the first bike i ever read about and am about to ask someone else now about nano brompton who also replied to my "pointless" thread................i want to know about bromptons and didnt know who to ask...............i do now :)

Sector

Pedelecer
Mar 5, 2007
Leicestershire Le8
Quando, Sprint 7, short test ride on a Torq and a long test ride on an Agattu.

And since you mention it, I also had a non-electric Brompton for a while. I never felt entirely happy on it though. It seemed a bit skittish with the small wheels. Urchins on the streets were generally unimpressed e.g. "Eh Mister, your wheels have gone down." Curiously the Quando gets a better response, e.g. to friends "Cor look at vat".

After a few hundred miles on the Brompton I found that I wouldn't choose to use it unless the journey demanded the folding ability.

The Bromptons are wonderful special purpose bike, as bourne out by the healthy second hand market for them. I sold mine to a London commuter, for not much less than I paid for it new.

Too many compromises in design to use it as an everyday bike if you don't need the ability to fold up your bike and carry it.

Last edited:

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
And since you mention it, I also had a non-electric Brompton for a while. I never felt entirely happy on it though. It seemed a bit skittish with the small wheels. Urchins on the streets were generally unimpressed e.g. "Eh Mister, your wheels have gone down." Curiously the Quando gets a better response, e.g. to friends "Cor look at vat".

Too many compromises in design to use it as an everyday bike if you don't need the ability to fold up your bike and carry it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes i too find the Quando gets some good remarks, as for "quote"."Cor look at vat"...thats generally my comment when wondering why things are 17.5% more expensive then i saw advertised...:(

and do imagine brompton not a distance ride, my aim was for 2 miles max to the bus then in me bag and on, try doing that with a quando....its no go :eek:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

what can you tell me about this one Tony, i think my first read ups on e-bikes was about the paratrooper one with a bionx on it, i looked on u tube only yesterday watching someone fold and unfold and i do like the bike style..
keith
Very nice Keith, plenty of (illegal) quiet power on tap, very sophisticated control of power level and regeneration as well for use on downhills etc.

Downsides are that the kit has to be a direct import and it's expensive. Replacement battery is £450 but lasts well, so it's for the well heeled who appreciate quality.