What I chose

annsimpson

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2014
This is what I have chosen in the end after deciding that it was just as cheap and definitely easier to buy a ready made bike, hopefully it will arrive this week , in bits! so hubby will have to put his thinking cap on and build it. I realize it won't go where I can with my normal bike but it seemed the best of what what available in my price range, its Australian and sells for double the price in the shops so fingers crossed I can learn to ride a trike, we can put some better tyres on it if needed and I might even buy a spare battery to carry if the range isn't as good as the one I have at the moment.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271990735930?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

annsimpson

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2014
if anyone has any suggestions as to the best way of carry it plus 1 other on the car I'd be very gratefull preferably the cheapest or how we can change/use our 2 bike Thule type towbar carrier, its one the bikes sit on not hang from.

annsimpson

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2014
thanks but last night we found, on gumtree, a 4 bike carrier for 70 my daughter is picking it up for us on sunday and we hope that we might be able to move the bits the bikes sit on to fit the trike. At £70 its well worth a go and my son has his own garage so he hopes to do any changes for us, if it can't be changed then at that price we won't have trouble selling it on, its a tow bar one that the bikes sit on and tips much the same as our 2 bike one.

Sherman

Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2014
Helsinki, Finland
There's some learning curve to tricycles. I remember riding one ages ago, almost found myself in a ditch from the get go. You actually have to steer that thing. When I finally learnt it and rode it for two weeks I had to learn to ride bicycle all over again. I couldn't keep my balance anymore :-D

annsimpson

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2014
I suppose I'm lucky in that I doubt I'll be able to go back to a bike and yes I to had a go on one a few years back, ending in a tree, hubby in the bushes and a friend in a wall. Where we live now there is lots of room to learn with a couple of hills and turny paths and I don't have a choice but to learn and I'm not in a hurry to go on the roads so fingers crossed.

Reactions: Sherman