What make of bike is this?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I dont believe a word of it to be honest..there are two 705SE and two 905SE also on ebay..Why settle for a clone when you can have the real thing!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Certainly not better than a Wisper, these generic models looking vaguely like a Wisper have been around for years and selling at various prices with various names through ebay. They don't incorporate the many upgrades that Wisper have applied to their models over the years and they don't have the same top quality 14 and 16 Ah batteries that Wisper source.

As you see, that one has a 10 Ah battery which is often an old tech li-ion manganese rather than the compound cathode li-polymer batteries that the genuine article has.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Electric Bike | eBay

Seems a bit weird as he wont say what make it is, only that he says it is better than a Wisper
The frame is early Wisper 905, around 2005 when the rear brake cable was routed along the top of the top-tube. The 'flame' rims were also used by Wisper at that time. The front forks, ahead stem, handlebars and electrical system are most certainly not Wisper.

I suspect this machine is built on one of the 250 genuine Wisper frames that went 'missing' during the early years of the companies restructuring. I'm not entirely sure, but I think the ex-Wisper employee responsible was one Mark Rao, possibly spelled differently.

Oxygen Bicycles

Trade Member
Feb 18, 2010
www.oxygenbicycles.com
The frame is early Wisper 905, around 2005 when the rear brake cable was routed along the top of the top-tube. The 'flame' rims were also used by Wisper at that time. The front forks, ahead stem, handlebars and electrical system are most certainly not Wisper.

I suspect this machine is built on one of the 250 genuine Wisper frames that went 'missing' during the early years of the companies restructuring. I'm not entirely sure, but I think the ex-Wisper employee responsible was one Mark Rao, possibly spelled differently.
yes it looks like one of the missing frames knicked by famous factory lifter mr. Mark Rao. Perhaps the bike brand could be called WISPA :p

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
As others have said it's certainly not up to recent Wisper quality, the Flame rims are particularly poor and I can demolish one of those wheels in 200 miles.
The six speed freewheel is also an indicator of very low budget parts being used.