anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
That screams "made in China, bought on ali-baba" to me

Reactions: Cooper

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, similar to those Thompsons bring in from China.

Unusual size 22" wheels, these are typically single speed very low geared pedalling, 24 volt SLA battery, not capable of more than 12 mph.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
robustly built.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Those alloy wheels look tempting, but I know that car alloy wheels are heavier than steel, so I suppose these wheels are heavier than spoked ones.

Reactions: Perseus

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Rider says 24 mph. I'll ask him again when I spot him. He bought it secondhand for £32 on ebay and sourced a battery. Old model but not as old as another one he had. It did shoot away quite fast in a 20 mph limit area. I was on my pedal bike and I could not keep up with it, but traffic intervened.

In traffic, I might the heavy weight at the back of ebikes a hindrance. And there is traffic virtually everywhere.

Rider says he never bothers to pedal.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Rider says 24 mph. I'll ask him again when I spot him. He bought it secondhand for £32 on ebay and sourced a battery. Old model but not as old as another one he had. It did shoot away quite fast in a 20 mph limit area. I was on my pedal bike and I could not keep up with it, but traffic intervened.

In traffic, I might the heavy weight at the back of ebikes a hindrance. And there is traffic virtually everywhere.

Rider says he never bothers to pedal.
Probably the illegal Chinese rated motor then, commonly about 700 watts. These shopper-style e-bikes are usually imported as legal 200 watt versions by reputable companies, and those perform as I indicated.

Either way, pedalling isn't practical due to the very low pedal gearing, leaving one spinning fast at as little as 8 to 10 mph.

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
Egerton, BL7 North Bolton, Lancashire
We northerners are famous for telling it as it is......
So, would you really want to be caught riding about on something as ugly as that?:eek::rolleyes:

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Has this been left as a donation to that charity shop??
Tee Hee!
Actually, the Northern Workhorse in me quite likes it...

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Bikes like that got me into all this in the first place. I took one look and thought 'why does it have to be so fugly?'

That one is a proper minger, but I expect its owner still gets pleasure from it.

EddieH

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2015
We northerners are famous for telling it as it is......
So, would you really want to be caught riding about on something as ugly as that?:eek::rolleyes:
I've ridden worse looking things.

Reactions: Lancslass