What's the fastest you've been ?

Jed

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
Hi all,

What is the fastest speed you have achieved on your bike? Yesterday I managed to get 23 mph without pedalling on a flat road. Fastest ever was 34 mph while pedalling down a slight hill. I riding an Ezee Torq.

thanks
Jed

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Just over 42 mph on the Torq, down a steep hill on which even my Twist managed a slightly terrifying 38.4 mph once. By contrast, the Torq was completely stable, and I think it's high speed handling compares favourably with a motorbike's. Not on corners with those Kenda tyres though.

That was the limit though, wind resistance preventing anything more, so I'd need to find a hill much steeper to exceed that. Since the Torq wouldn't be able to get back up such a hill, I'm in no rush to do that!

Last edited:

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
On a good day my Torq will hit 22mph on it's on steam. I regularly cruise between 22-24mph. Fastest so far is 32mph down a slight hill also but I was pedalling pretty furiously !

The bike felt pretty solid at that speed though. I can only dream of being able to cruise at 30 mph :D

Sav

Pedelecer
Nov 25, 2006
Great Mongeham
Had to try down our hill after reading this thread

34.5mph on my Lafree twist comfort with the 4 speed hub, peddling like the clappers, so not bad!!

brakes are pretty ineffective after the first couple of seconds grab.

Will try again tomorrow if the winds in the right direction!!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's the key Chris, still air and a longish very steep slope. Leaning forward even just a bit helps quite a lot too.

Don't report back with bruises though. :mad:

Last edited:

allotmenteer

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2006
Aldershot, Hampshire
I've done 43mph on my unassisted bike on the last downhill into Brighton on the London-to-Brighton ride. I say unassisted bike but the hill of course helped a bit :)

I could have gone a bit faster but got scared!

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Sprint

My speed record is about 34mph on a Sprint 7. That was going down a very winding hill to the excellent pub at Helford Passage, Cornwall. The disc on the roller brake wasn't quite glowing at the bottom, but I briefly thought of dousing it with precious beer ;)

That was the first outing for an eZee Lithium ion battery in the UK. It wasn't needed at all on the way down but I was grateful for it on the return climb.