Wheel running in reverse?

Bobbington

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2019
Hello all, Not been on here for some time as everything has been going OK. I have the relatively old Display ..KT-LCD3.
Issues 1st started when I attempted to switch from KPH to MPH. At first it would not run, (I must have pressed something I shouldn't) finally got it running . But it just didn't feel right.. seemed under powered until I was at max Setting 5. So this week 24/05/22 decided to put it back to KPH . Managed to do that. but Pedal assist didn't function ? (thumb throttle worked OK)
Messed with C1 Peddle assist parameters ...Peddle assist is now working BUT the wheel only runs When I peddle BACKWARDS?, Tried different setting numbers in C1 . but still only runs when I peddle Backwards.
Can anybody enlighten me?
Bobby.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the wheel only works when PAS is activated by rearward pedalling then one has to change the magnet disc face around or the magnets. If the PAS worked ok before seems strange if it has changed and have never experienced it before with a KT.
One can try a C10 restore of the system.

Bobbington

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2019
Hi Nealh, Thanks for your response. I did press C10 Restore system, earlier in the investigation which may have been the start of this problem ? I have been putting the settings back to some scribbled down settings I made a few years ago. So think the settings are not correct. It may be just one setting that has the wrong input... C1. (My Scribbling). mentions PAS direction, I tried different specified numbers but still the same issue.
Don't think the magnet disc is the issue, its been running correctly for years.

joelectric

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2019
Motherwell
Hi Nealh, Thanks for your response. I did press C10 Restore system, earlier in the investigation which may have been the start of this problem ? I have been putting the settings back to some scribbled down settings I made a few years ago. So think the settings are not correct. It may be just one setting that has the wrong input... C1. (My Scribbling). mentions PAS direction, I tried different specified numbers but still the same issue.
Don't think the magnet disc is the issue, its been running correctly for years.
C1 has 8 different values (0-7) did you try them all? I had the same issue once and that sorted it.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Something has occurred but what ? I don't know as never had this happen in the years I have been using KT. How ever if the activation is via back peddalling, then a simple reverse face of the magnet disc will sort the issue out as currently the sensor is seeing a reverse polarity for some reason from the magnets.

Bobbington

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2019
. Hi Nealh, I'll try the other C1 numbers today. My settings paper only had 1 & 2, scribbled down for C1

Last edited:

Bobbington

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2019
. Hi Nealh, Checked my C1 settings, its now running correctly (On Stand) for some reason the initial numbers - 1,2. didn't sort the problem. So as you reminded me about C1 numbers are 0- 7, the only number that worked was 7... I've yet to road test. So fingers crossed its now OK.. AGAIN! Bob.

Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Your PAS must be a V12 type model.