Where would you recommend buying e-conversion kits from?

RichD1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 29, 2021
Considering a Bafang BBS01/02. Would you buy from a UK supplier or overseas suppliers such as AliiExpress, PWSPower or Chinese Ebayers.

At the moment the UK appears to have no stock of motors or batteries. But offshore suppliers are around 7-10 days.

If you buy from say PSWPower is it really duty and vat paid.

Reactions: Bikes4two

cykebikez4u

Just Joined
Sep 9, 2021
403 Bottle Brushes Way
Considering a Bafang BBS01/02. Would you buy from a UK supplier or overseas suppliers such as AliiExpress, PWSPower or Chinese Ebayers.
At the moment the UK appears to have no stock of motors or batteries. But offshore suppliers are around 7-10 days.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
jimmy can custom build packs to any size and in the uk.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I bought mine from Junstar on Amazon too, in December last year... 5 day delivery (battery included), but it depends on what they have in stock in the country or the EU at the time, so best to ask first (I got the Bafang bbs01b kit).

RichD1

Aug 29, 2021
Has anyone bought from PswPower? If so are the duty and vat all paid true, or is there some hidden costs?

Has anyone had any problems or warranty issues with Chinese suppliers? If so how did you get on?

Steve J H

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2019
ROMFORD
Has anyone bought from PswPower? If so are the duty and vat all paid true, or is there some hidden costs?

Has anyone had any problems or warranty issues with Chinese suppliers? If so how did you get on?
Purchased a couple of kits from PswPower pre brexit, great price and fast delivery. Although PswPower still include England in the list of VAT and duty paid countries on their website, I think we are still liable for customs and VAT. I tried to clarify this with Alice at PswPower, she said they don't know what taxes/costs are payable by UK clients.
Looking at Greenergy AliExpress, they ship fom UK wharehouse, would be interested to hear form anyone who has purchased from them.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Purchased a couple of kits from PswPower pre brexit, great price and fast delivery. Although PswPower still include England in the list of VAT and duty paid countries on their website, I think we are still liable for customs and VAT. I tried to clarify this with Alice at PswPower, she said they don't know what taxes/costs are payable by UK clients.
Looking at Greenergy AliExpress, they ship fom UK wharehouse, would be interested to hear form anyone who has purchased from them.
I purchased a BBS01B 250w from Greenenergy on Aliexpress, shipped from the UK in Jan. No tax to pay, arrived quickly, I think they have a warehouse in the UK. Even came with a free headlight and Bafang spanner/tool. I think I paid about £270 at the time for the 44T and 500c display kit

Andy230262

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2021
Dorset

I bought my kit from Amazon. Bafang BBS02B 48V 750W Mid Drive... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07S37QT8R?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
So far it’s been brilliant . I had a few issues and the company have been very good. Even sent me a new battery holder as I bent the pins in the first one. They always answer emails and there was no tax to pay. £753 that’s with a 17.5ah battery and the program cable and gear sensor. It came with brake sensors but I didn’t use them.

Reactions: Steve J H

JohnE

Just Joined
Apr 7, 2021
I bought a part from PSWPower a couple of weeks ago through AliExpress. No extra duty or vat charged.
If you order on the PSWPower website, and they have stock, you have an option to order from China, Germany or UK. Choose UK !

JohnE

Just Joined
Apr 7, 2021
Have you taken delivery yet?

Richard
Yes. The part I ordered was from PSWPower via AliExpress. Website said 10 day delivery - took 8 days - ordered 17th Aug, arrived 25th. As I said, no extra duty or vat was charged.

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
I've just ordered my conversion kit from PSWPower direct and a battery and charger from them but via their AliExpress outlet.

Both items are shipping from Germany and so far the total price is £100 less than the best UK price - let's see how Mr HMRC treats me!

I'll feed back to this post when I know.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Best UK price though should give easier CS should a fault occur and having to send an item back.

greencat

Jan 5, 2014

Bought tongsheng motor from PswPower on Sunday, arrived yesterday. I choose the UK option for warehouse. No additional fees.

Can't speak to warranty as bar a squished 8 pin connector which was eventually persuaded back into place all was good. Very very easy to fit. Did the whole conversion over a lunch break with 15 minutes spent on fixing the connector!

Reactions: Scruffydroid

FrodoBaggins

Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2017
West Yorkshire
I have brought from Greenenergy and PSWPower, both sent from China through Ali Express. It took a while to arrive, but they were pleasant to deal with, GreenEnergy even whatsapp'd me a few times to give me little updates. Not sure about warranty, but seeing as the stuff is pretty much 2/3 of the price, for me it was worth the gamble!

I have never paid customs charges on anything I have bought from Ali Express. Maybe I am just lucky!

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
I ordered a 250W TSDZ2 (VLCD6 display, no brakes, no throttle) directly from PWSPower's website and a 10Ahr bottle battery from their Ali Express outlet.

Both items were shipped from their Germany warehouse - the battery arrived in about 4 wkg days and the motor a few days longer. Both items were delivered to me by Royal mail and there were no additional charges from what I paid on the web.

I bought the items separately to avoid one big costly parcel but of course, there were two postal charges. Whether this approach help avoid HMC charges is not something I'll ever know. I do think though that the Customs paperwork and declared prices by the seller are a lot to do with no Customs charges - and maybe HM Customs have bigger fish to fry than bike bits?

£227 for TSDZ2 and £124 for the battery - so £351 for something that would have cost me a tad over £500 from a UK store.

Now I know what some folk say about Customer Service from UK sellers, but for that sort of saving on what are relatively simple items to fix if the problem is not complex. I'm happy to buy in the way that I did.