Which app do you use to record your ride?

Which app do you use (or used) to record your ride?

• Total voters

Joao Pinto Reis

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 15, 2015
There are so many in app store and google play.

Which app do you use or used to record your ride?
Which do you prefer?
Which one is the best?
Do you use one or more?

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
I use "My Legs". It is a system that I have used for many, many years and is 100% accurate. When I wake in the morning and my legs do not hurt, "My Legs" tell me that I put in an easy easy ride the day before. If they hurt "My Legs" tell me that I had a hard ride. If I can't get out of bed "My Legs" tell me that I'm getting too old for that type of riding.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I don't record rides, I just ride because I can.

baldylox

Pedelecer
May 25, 2012
Hants/Wilts border
I use the Maverick app for android. Although I don't use it to record (you can do this and save as a gpx route) but as a GPS navigation device as it has OS explorer maps for free along with cycle routes and you can cache maps so you don't need a network signal.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
I use the Maverick app for android. Although I don't use it to record (you can do this and save as a gpx route) but as a GPS navigation device as it has OS explorer maps for free along with cycle routes and you can cache maps so you don't need a network signal.
Sounds like it may be ideal for me as a lot of my riding is ofroad across moors and dales etc.
Thanks for that.

D

Deleted member 4366

Sports Tracker works pretty well for recording your cycling. It records where you went on the map and gives graphs of your speed and height.

Reactions: Emo Rider

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I don't but if I did I have OruxMaps on my tablet and the map for north of Spain has bike paths on it so it would be pretty exact. The ride can be saved and exported in the usual formats.

Joao Pinto Reis

Aug 15, 2015
I use "My Legs". It is a system that I have used for many, many years and is 100% accurate. When I wake in the morning and my legs do not hurt, "My Legs" tell me that I put in an easy easy ride the day before. If they hurt "My Legs" tell me that I had a hard ride. If I can't get out of bed "My Legs" tell me that I'm getting too old for that type of riding.

Hope this helps :)

Hello!
I use that too, since i has a kid! :)
But, if i want to share the track i made, it gives me a lots of work! :)

Reactions: Emo Rider

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Tried Maverick but after a while the maps dissapeared!
Currently trying out Memory Map.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I don't record rides, I just ride because I can.
As above quote before today I didn't, I now have a very neat tiny Garmin edge 20 is measures about 40mm x 40mm x 10mm and sits nicely on the h/bar stem. It sits in a small cradle and and locks in place with 90degree twist ,also handy it came with 2 cradles so can be easily transferred between road and off roader. Ride details are down loaded to Garmin Connect which is synced to Strava.

Joao Pinto Reis

Aug 15, 2015
As above quote before today I didn't, I now have a very neat tiny Garmin edge 20 is measures about 40mm x 40mm x 10mm and sits nicely on the h/bar stem. It sits in a small cradle and and locks in place with 90degree twist ,also handy it came with 2 cradles so can be easily transferred between road and off roader. Ride details are down loaded to Garmin Connect which is synced to Strava.

Hello.
So, you use the garmin and use also your smartphone with strava?
Or just use the garmin and sync with strava when you get home?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Don't have a smart phone can't stand them, I download at home and it sync's with Strava.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Strange you don't like smart phones, you must be normal and not easily brainwashed.

I have a Mio 305 & don't use Strava.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
What is a "Smart Phone"? :p I used to have a mobile phone once upon a time when I had a job that required it.

I used my tablet with OruxMaps for the very first time last week. We were out hiking in the mountains in Navarra on unfamiliar terrain and it was kind of a safety measure. I can imagine using it on the bike in San Sebastian to find the bike paths. All of the roads have sign posts but none of the bike paths! If you are unfamiliar with where you are it is sometimes difficult finding the shortest route out of the city.

D

Deleted member 4366

A smartphone is a phone that does more than phonecalls. The Samsung Galaxy range are good because they have very good sensors ( GPS, heart rate, gesture, gyro, geomagnetic, accelerometer) and reasonable battery life when using GPS. The S5 is waterproof. I think the Sony Experia is too, or you can get special outdoor military grade ones. With a 3g or 4g sim, you have full intenet access while you're cycling so that you can use satellite images for navigation on the road, or you can download all the satellite images and maps using wi-fi before you set off. Everything for cycling navigation is free. It doesn't cost a penny once you have the phone. You don't even need a SIM.

There's lots of other good smatphones too. Use Google to find the 10 best ones or whatever. You can buy Chinese ones for about £80 that do everything you need for cyling navigation. I just bought one of these to try because I want to temporarily use two SIMs at the same time:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=231615526395&alt=web

Last edited by a moderator:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Mainly Strava, linked to Instagram. Pretty much all of my cycling mates use it, so mapping and comparing routes, and finding other local riders, is a bonus. The club function is also handy, as is linking Instagram.

If the lads that I ride with were using Sports Tracker, then I'd equally be happy using that more often.

Wingreen

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
Anglesey
A smartphone is a phone that does more than phonecalls. The Samsung Galaxy range are good because they have very good sensors ( GPS, heart rate, gesture, gyro, geomagnetic, accelerometer) and reasonable battery life when using GPS. The S5 is waterproof. I think the Sony Experia is too, or you can get special outdoor military grade ones. With a 3g or 4g sim, you have full intenet access while you're cycling so that you can use satellite images for navigation on the road, or you can download all the satellite images and maps using wi-fi before you set off. Everything for cycling navigation is free. It doesn't cost a penny once you have the phone. You don't even need a SIM.

There's lots of other good smatphones too. Use Google to find the 10 best ones or whatever. You can buy Chinese ones for about £80 that do everything you need for cyling navigation. I just bought one of these to try because I want to temporarily use two SIMs at the same time:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=231615526395&alt=web
How did the Cubot work out? A good buy?

Advertisers