Which bike....between 3

Goto11

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 24, 2022
After much searching I have got down to a choice of 3.
Age 65
Looking for a cheap (reasonable) electric bike.
Requirements.
Comfort
10AH plus battery.
Decent tyres to cope with some gravel, tow paths and trails, nothing extreme but want a degree of comfort whilst on them.
Reasonably reliable battery.

I realise for my price range I am looking at the bottom of the range but still believe I can get a reasonable bike.
Would I be correct in saying because it is an electric bike it would basically do away with the need for a whole range of different gears if not doing anything too taxing ?

My three reasonable options :-
Decathlon Rockrider 500 @ £1199
NCM Moscow @ £1199
Power ride Eagle @ £899

Thanks for any input

Goto

Raboa

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2014
Woosh Faro - £1239

Goto11

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 24, 2022
Thanks I actually have a friend with a Faro and he uses a different bike if we are off road even a little, I did consider but thin tyres, no suspension and a high saddle position in relation to handlebars was not the most comfortable off road when I tried it. He said it is great for his work commute though.
Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

Goto

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Gears less important on a ebike. It's still good to have a decent low one in case you end up having to go up a steep hill when the battery is run out.

Also consider https://wooshbikes.co.uk/?camino. Very good value and customer service. I think the Faro mentioned above would not be off-roady enough for what you want. ... crossed posts, I see you have already ruled that out.