Which e-bike?

Flo

Just Joined
Jan 8, 2021
Hi
I’m looking to buy an e-bike in the next 3 months, for commute/leisure ride. Budget : under £2500, but preferably near £2000.
My commute is approx 11 miles each way, mostly on tow paths which are mostly smooth but have several cobbled sections. In terms of leisure riding, I’m not planning to do any technical off road riding, just light trail, canal paths, country roads. I live in the Pennines and at the top of a fairly steep hill, so I do need a bike that can give me some power up hill, esp at the end of a cycle home from work. I’ve looked at the ribible al ebike, I like the fact that it is a lighter bike than many ebikes on the market.
Any advice on this bike’s suitability, or alternative bikes to look at would be greatest appreciated.
thanks in advance

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
take a look at the Woosh Gran Camino.
It will cope very well with hilly and cobbled roads.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: LeighPing and sjpt

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
take a look at the Woosh Gran Camino.
It will cope very well with hilly and cobbled roads.

Not only will you get excellent value and service from Woosh, any issues or replacements are likely to be relatively easy and cheap to fix in a few years time. This will almost certainly not be the case if you go for a a bike with proprietary drive (such as Bosch).

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
@Flo sorry I should not have assumed. How tall are you?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
we assemble new bikes every day but they are mostly for backorders. There are some cancellations so there is some free stock so to speak, that's why it's confusing on the website.
At the moment, we have some Rambla, Big Bear and Santana CD. Hatti is the person you want to talk to (01702-435566).
The stock situation will be much improved from end of March.