which folder

newboater

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2014
right folks thinking of a folder to take on my holidays ,1st up the kudos secret with a dealer only a quarter of a mile away, or a woosh zephyr-b . would love feed back or suggestions thanks

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the zephyr-B is really an e-mtb that also folds. For comfort, speed and power, the Zephyr-B is better.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
woosh & kudos are members of the forum, you are guaranteed good service from both.

D

Deleted member 4366

I have both of those bikes. They're not bad for what they are. Mine are earlier versions. I can see some improvements since mine. Even without gears, the hill-climbing is pretty good and the light weight makes them very convenient. Range is limited to about 10 miles because of the small batteries. They're OK for ad hoc transport if you had say a boat or motorhome, but you'd probably want something a bit more substantial for commuting.

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
Newboater.... Are you a sailor by any chance? If so, you might be aware of Seago Yachting which produced a 19.5kg folding bike earlier this year, but was quickly sold out. I was lucky enough to buy the last of the original launch and cannot praise it or Seago highly enough for their customer service.

The ePower bike is to be relaunched next month with the same spec as the current model but will also have a seal on the main hinge joint, different tyres and will be blue instead of red. There will also be a transport bag available for it - on wheels. I paid £599 for mine and I think it will be a similar price. It's mostly sold via online chandlers but also a few reputable bike stores such as Damian Harris Cycles in Cardiff.

LEBC Tom

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2013
Hampton Wick, KT1 4DA
Newboater.... Are you a sailor by any chance? If so, you might be aware of Seago Yachting which produced a 19.5kg folding bike earlier this year, but was quickly sold out. I was lucky enough to buy the last of the original launch and cannot praise it or Seago highly enough for their customer service.

The ePower bike is to be relaunched next month with the same spec as the current model but will also have a seal on the main hinge joint, different tyres and will be blue instead of red. There will also be a transport bag available for it - on wheels. I paid £599 for mine and I think it will be a similar price. It's mostly sold via online chandlers but also a few reputable bike stores such as Damian Harris Cycles in Cardiff.
Hi
Its £699 on the Damian Harris website? I can offer the Secret at £699 which is lighter (18KG). They qoute 60KM (37 miles) on a 9amp battery, sorry, but thats not realistic at all, more like 25-30 would be acheived, its what I see around town and both bikes use the same battery and motor. I and Kudos Bikes have these in stock now if you are interested, please get in touch.

All the best

Tom

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
Damian Harris doesn't have them in stock - nowhere does and won't until October when the new model is available. They do offer a price promise though and the usual price for the Seago is £599. DH advised they would receive stock of the new model and their price would remain at £699.

newboater

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2014

thanks for the info kangooroo, yes i skipper a yacht every sunday. its a 1 meter radio control, got my name on my first day when two of us started ,and some one shout newboater that one. anyway i have had a look at the bike on the seago site looks quite good ,but need to see a few more yet