Which FS MTB?

bebbe

Pedelecer
Oct 17, 2014
I am on my way to buy me a electric FS MTB (freeride). But I have a little trouble chosig the right one.

My demands is price around 5000 euro. 350W engine (or more). And built from god parts (suspension, gears....).

I have been looking on the Haibike fullseven RX. And one bike from KTM. But what more is there to find?

bebbe

Pedelecer
Oct 17, 2014
I think the power from 250W lose it's "breath" in steep hills.

I have a commuter bike now that use 250W engine and I would like to have more power when going uphills. On the road 250W is enough but on FS MTB i want more power.

Sure I can take a 250W and "dongle" it. But that makes the display show wrong and the engine rev to it's limit. Better to have it stop help at 45km/h. But at only 25km/h on the 250W I think it's easier to loose momentum on the uphills.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

The 350w Bosch motor has the same power as the 250w one for climbing hills. The motor is the same. The only difference is that the 350w one doesn't have a 25 km/h speed limit. The dongle won't help you climb hills.

bebbe

Pedelecer
Oct 17, 2014
If the engine stop at 25 it will stop assist when I reach 26. The power the engine need to get up to 25 again (in a hill) is to much for the engine to handle. But if the engine stops att 45 I will never reach that limit. So the power is now enough.

It's the same thing as on my 250 engine when I dongled it. As it is now it does not stop assist when I reach 25. Infact it will not stop untill I reach the engines rpm limit. But in ordinary commuting I use less of the battery then I did without the dongle but with around 5km/h higher average. This is because I now can ride with less amont of assist because I have the "momentum" of speed to get me up hills.

Surely I can use full assist and get an average of around 40km/h but that will Drain my battery to fast.

When the engine is restrictead to 25 this is consuming more energy because you cant use the momentum from you speed.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Do you want to ride the fastest production bicycle you can own?
Are you interested in the perfect balance of power to weight?
Are you looking for the perfect package of design, engineering and art in a game-changing mode of transportation with a
strong bite?

Tthe M1 Spitzing is perhaps the most advanced e-bike available today. Releasing large amounts of power from a small light weight package that is still a true bicycle in every sense of the term - yet something more.

M1 SPITZING - The WOW bike! The design of the impressively powerful carbon fiber frame with the mighty tubes was made in the Fritzmeier division, where also carbon parts for the new electric BMW i-fleet arise. The SPI TZING is equipped with the revolutionary Pin-Drive of TQ Systems that makes you move in a way you never felt before. With 120 Nm, it drives you forward. The sprint from 0 to 50 km/h – only 7.5 seconds. 75 km/h, you can do it! You feel like in a Formula 1 car, and you have the famous quote of Rallye World Champion Walter Röhrl in mind: „Acceleration is when the tears of emotion flow horizontally to your ears.“ Yesterday was fast, today is WOW.

SPITZING is offered in the following variations:
Pedelec 20MPH Max Speed, 250Watt Motor
S-Pedelec 28 MPH Max Speed, 500Watt Motor
R-Pedelec 40 MPH Max Speed, 850Watt Motor

bebbe

Pedelecer
Oct 17, 2014

Do you want to ride the fastest production bicycle you can own?
Are you interested in the perfect balance of power to weight?
Are you looking for the perfect package of design, engineering and art in a game-changing mode of transportation with a
strong bite?

Tthe M1 Spitzing is perhaps the most advanced e-bike available today. Releasing large amounts of power from a small light weight package that is still a true bicycle in every sense of the term - yet something more.

M1 SPITZING - The WOW bike! The design of the impressively powerful carbon fiber frame with the mighty tubes was made in the Fritzmeier division, where also carbon parts for the new electric BMW i-fleet arise. The SPI TZING is equipped with the revolutionary Pin-Drive of TQ Systems that makes you move in a way you never felt before. With 120 Nm, it drives you forward. The sprint from 0 to 50 km/h – only 7.5 seconds. 75 km/h, you can do it! You feel like in a Formula 1 car, and you have the famous quote of Rallye World Champion Walter Röhrl in mind: „Acceleration is when the tears of emotion flow horizontally to your ears.“ Yesterday was fast, today is WOW.

SPITZING is offered in the following variations:
Pedelec 20MPH Max Speed, 250Watt Motor
S-Pedelec 28 MPH Max Speed, 500Watt Motor
R-Pedelec 40 MPH Max Speed, 850Watt Motor
Sounds like fun [emoji106]

But what about the price?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
just wait as it will be updated ktm posts on here pm him ask when it will be available with a 500w bosch. and new cx motor.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Yes. Really nice package but in that range there are many nice bikes ( like the stealth bomber).

you def get pulled on a bomber on uk roads as it just looks like a moto x bike and its 52 kilos

sod that

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I've certainly not yet found that the standard Performance line motor runs out of "breath" on steep climbs. I'd run out of breath before the motor does on steep climbs. You still need to be able to cycle past the cut off point to take any advantage of speed, and on a steep climb it isn't going to happen. Just one example 10.9 miles of solid climbing. You would have to be a TDF rider on an e-mtb, to have done better than this. https://www.strava.com/activities/350379081

A couple more examples of a reasonably steep and long climbing. https://www.strava.com/activities/351746070 and https://www.strava.com/activities/346040757

Another consideration is what discipline of use that the bike is going to be put to, and where. A FS bike is just a waste of money if the sole use is for climbing, as you would need to lock the suspension out if you want to stand a chance at quick progress. A hardtail e-mtb would be far better suited for this role. There is plenty on different makes to choose from in that respect

Last edited:
Reactions: soundwave

bebbe

Pedelecer
Oct 17, 2014
Yes. Really nice package but in that range there are many nice bikes ( like the stealth bomber).

you def get pulled on a bomber on uk roads as it just looks like a moto x bike and its 52 kilos

sod that
I agree. The stealth bomber is just a little to much.

Reactions: soundwave

bebbe

Pedelecer
Oct 17, 2014
I've certainly not yet found that the standard Performance line motor runs out of "breath" on steep climbs. I'd run out of breath before the motor does on steep climbs. You still need to be able to cycle past the cut off point to take any advantage of speed, and on a steep climb it isn't going to happen. Just one example 10.9 miles of solid climbing. You would have to be a TDF rider on an e-mtb, to have done better than this. https://www.strava.com/activities/350379081

A couple more examples of a reasonably steep and long climbing. https://www.strava.com/activities/351746070 and https://www.strava.com/activities/346040757
Maybe wrong said from me. But the 250 will most certain suffer from it's speed limits.

On my trails today I usually avarage around 23-25km/h (MTB with me as an engine [emoji4] ). With a 25km/h limitation I think the bike will only feel heavy and "slugish".

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Maybe wrong said from me. But the 250 will most certain suffer from it's speed limits.

On my trails today I usually avarage around 23-25km/h (MTB with me as an engine [emoji4] ). With a 25km/h limitation I think the bike will only feel heavy and "slugish".
See if you can test a Haibike at your nearest stockist. You may be surprised that it's not the heavy Behemoth that you think it is.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
what bike do you have and what dongle?

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Last edited: