Help! Which has greater acceleration/top speed? Bufang BBS-HD 1000W <---> Bufang BBS-M620 ?

faargo.genius

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 26, 2019
Logan
I know very little but im trying to compare the diefference between the above motors. Also wanted to know the speed difference between a BBS-M600 and a BBS-M620 if anyone could advise.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
M600 is 500w, M620 is 1000w, so M620 is much more powerful. Speed depends on your gearing and air resistance. An M600 on a road bike will probably go faster than an M620 on a FS MTB.

faargo.genius

Oct 26, 2019
Logan
M600 is 500w, M620 is 1000w, so M620 is much more powerful. Speed depends on your gearing and air resistance. An M600 on a road bike will probably go faster than an M620 on a FS MTB.
ah yeh cheers. 2 identical hybrid bikes.. 1 had a M620, and the other a BBS-HD.. which would be faster?

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I know very little but im trying to compare the diefference between the above motors. Also wanted to know the speed difference between a BBS-M600 and a BBS-M620 if anyone could advise.
Do remember to either stay within the "allowed" speed and power for unregistered e-bikes, or to get your bike fully registered and insured, as the consequences of not riding a legal bike can/could be expensive.
There are several well publicised court cases, one of which the offender apparently lost his house because of the accident! The other is waiting to be tried next year for accidentally killing an old lady as she crossed the road.
Be safe, not sorry.....
Regards
Andy

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
ah yeh cheers. 2 identical hybrid bikes.. 1 had a M620, and the other a BBS-HD.. which would be faster?
I think the M620 is the frame-mounted equivalent of the BBSHD, the M600 is the BBS02 equivalent and the M500 is the BBS01. You can't put the M versions in a normal fame. I've not tried an M620, but my guess is that they'd be the same power. The M-series motors look very well made and have better cooling, so I can imagine that the M620 would handle high speed/high power better.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Do remember to either stay within the "allowed" speed and power for unregistered e-bikes, or to get your bike fully registered and insured, as the consequences of not riding a legal bike can/could be expensive.
There are several well publicised court cases, one of which the offender apparently lost his house because of the accident! The other is waiting to be tried next year for accidentally killing an old lady as she crossed the road.
Be safe, not sorry.....
Regards
Andy
Several and they are ???
So far there has only been one e-bike case and that one is on going, of recent times there have been two cases that hit the headlines both non assisted pedal bikes.

faargo.genius

Oct 26, 2019
Logan
I think the M620 is the frame-mounted equivalent of the BBSHD, the M600 is the BBS02 equivalent and the M500 is the BBS01. You can't put the M versions in a normal fame. I've not tried an M620, but my guess is that they'd be the same power. The M-series motors look very well made and have better cooling, so I can imagine that the M620 would handle high speed/high power better.
Yeah I read that the M620 might be a bit tricky to install.. mite leave that one for now and stick with the good old BBSHD. I know nothing about the gearing setup I need. Do you know where I can go to find an eplanation of it? I dont know how many gears should be on the bike I buy becasue Im struggling to choose one not knowing the setup requirements

francis janssen

Jan 18, 2017
Epsom
The M620 needs a special frame with the mounting, Hard to get in UK and a nightmare for spare parts. Speed wise their about the same although I get 35 MPH out of my kit I bought from Electroncyles in Epsom