"Which" magazine best buys

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I read a report from a guy named Neil who recently bought an electric Brompton. He claimed that his front wheel buckled after only 3 rides. He said that the weight of the battery and the motor contributed to this. I sent a message to Neil concerning his weight which he said was around 100kg. This has put me off getting an eBrompton as I am around that weight, too. I wonder if the Tern Vektron range would be more suitable?
His wheel buckled because either they didn't build it properly or it got some sort of abuse, like hit something solid. 100kg is no problem and battery and motor weights are completely insignificant.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It could be that the front bag obscurs his view of the road ahead and he hit a large pothole.

Reactions: MRMAC9

MRMAC9

Pedelecer
May 24, 2015
His wheel buckled because either they didn't build it properly or it got some sort of abuse, like hit something solid. 100kg is no problem and battery and motor weights are completely insignificant.
That was my thinking too. It was the first time I've heard of a Brompton wheel buckling.