Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Which make of electric bike(s) do you own or considering purchasing?

Reactions: superDove

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
All my bikes

I missed that it was a multiple choice poll so additional entries blocked.
In fact I've got a Giant Lafree converted to SRAM P5 before Giant thought of doing it, an eZee Torq and an eZee Quando II. Now the Giant is discontinued, I'm preserving it just for towing my big trailer on recycling duties etc. Photos here: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fleccb/transport.html
I've also been known to get my car out occasionally, but sometimes have to charge the battery first!

Last edited:
Reactions: rippedupno1

imellor

Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2006
Funny enough I have just won a trailer on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&item=320036507838&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

The pictures are deceptive as it is larger than it looks.

Ian

I missed that it was a multiple choice poll so additional entries blocked.
In fact I've got a Giant Lafree converted to SRAM P5 before Giant thought of doing it, an eZee Torq and an eZee Quando II. Now the Giant is discontinued, I'm preserving it just for towing my big trailer on recycling duties etc. Photos here: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fleccb/transport.html
I've also been known to get my car out occasionally, but sometimes have to charge the battery first!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's a great bargain Ian, and it's also unusually big for a commercial trailer, but still not enough for me. I just couldn't find anything big enough for my purposes, hence having to make the one I linked to which has internal dimensions of 100 x 65 cm so that I can carry fridges, cookers, furniture etc.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
How do you guys find the load on your bike? Does it affect the performance much and in what way - pulling away/cruising etc ?

imellor

Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2006
I haven't fitted mine yet, I am trying to devise a fitting method.

Ian

How do you guys find the load on your bike? Does it affect the performance much and in what way - pulling away/cruising etc ?

Last edited:

oobs

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 30, 2006
Mine is an Ezee Torq. I used to have an electro drive fitted on a lovely old Marin hybrid but local Yoofs had it away.

The Torq is brilliant. It is no steep hill climber but it allows you to do most other trips with ease. I ditched my car as a result. I am moving down to the West Country soon and fear that I shall have to find a more hill friendly companion. Any suggestions, folks?

redalpha3

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2006
I have a Dahon folder fitted with a Heinzmann 200watt motor. The electric stuff is wonderful but the small wheels of the folder make the combination a nightmare. Edit: And...an Ezee Sprint. (You need it for our hills in preference to a Torq)

Pete

Last edited:

Lazybee45

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 3, 2006
Iowa, USA
My electric

I have a Currie USPD with a 24v 12ah battery pack. so far it has been on my Terra Trike 3.6, my Pacific Mountain bike and my tour Easy. So far I like it very well. On the Mountain bike or Tour Easy it can get up to 18 mph or so, but on the Terra trike with 20 inch wheels, it can manage 14. this is fine, because my range on the Trike is far greater!

One question for you folk. what are you LOOKING for, speed or duration?

mark

Nick

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2006
Bionx PL-350

Hi

Mine's a Bionx 350, li-ion jobbie which I'm very pleased with. I've just posted a review in a new thread which may help prospective buyers as I found it very difficult to get hold of useful information before buying, which made it a bit risky as I live in the UK and bought from America.

Cheers
Nick

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
To oobs

Now the best hill climber of all, the Giant Lafree "drive through the gears" range have ben discontinued, there's not much that's good at climbing. The Electrodrive kit is quite good for that though, the eZee Quando makes light of 12% hills, but has the folder disadvantage that it's not as nice to ride, and there's the option of using a somewhat illegal 700 watt Heinzman if a long range isn't needed.

To Lazybee45

I need that impossible combination, speed, hill climbing and load carrying, range I'm not so bothered about, but to get the first three I use three bikes, though I could manage with just two of them.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Looks quite good beeps, the kids would love those with that mountain bike styling, but I was surprised to see the 42 kilos weight, which is illegal. First I've seen like that, watch out for your driving licence, present or future! It's a motor cycle in law.

Unregistered, untaxed, no plates, no insurance, and maybe no driving licence, loads of points there! :eek:

Last edited:

Beeping-Sleauty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2006
Colchester, Essex
As Santa said to Rudolf - "Is that an airbag, or have you swallowed your bubblegum ?

Hi Flecc, it certainly is a beast, probably weighs more now i've added a rack and bag (with tools) D lock, chain lock, mirrors and all sorts of other jewelry,

probably exceeds the permitted wattage and speed too....?

it's no good, i'll have to leave the country, are they still sailing in the fog ?

at least i don't have a drivers licence to lose, so they can tot up the points to their hearts content,

my last thought on the subject would be... they've got to catch me first, you should see this bike go.

i think i'll just go and hide in my bike shed for a bit.

beeps

Looks quite good beeps, the kids would love those with that mountain bike styling, but I was surprised to see the 42 kilos weight, which is illegal. First I've seen like that, watch out for your driving licence, present or future! It's a motor cycle in law.

Unregistered, untaxed, no plates, no insurance, and maybe no driving licence, loads of points there! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisers