Which new electric bike

E.Hauge

Just Joined
Dec 29, 2018
Denmark
I currently have a Kalkhoff Sahel Compact with Impulse II engine, which I bought for approx. 2 1/2 years ago. Unfortunately, I have only driven approx. 225 km. on it, because I think it is a little embarrassing, as it looks a bit like a children's bike with 20-inch wheels. I have now decided that I want a new electric bike and have fallen in love with a Riese & Müller Nevo GH Vario with Bosch Performance CX, Gates Carbon Drive belt and infinitely NuVinci N380 for 4849 euros. I am 59 years old and very small (155 cm tall and weigh only about 40 kg). However, the bike is available in frame size 43 and with 26-inch wheels so it will certainly fit. I'm not very fit, but I hope to be. So far, it's just a bike for fun and shopping primarily on asphalt. In my area there are only small but long hills. Can I run a CX engine with my size? The alternative is a Riese & Müller Roadster Urban or Roadster Urban GT with the Bosch Active Plus engine. This is also a beautiful bike that may suit me better (it weighs 7-8 kg less), but unfortunately it does not have the low entry height as Nevo GH Vario. I have a lot of doubt about what I need, I simply can't get the idea of getting a Riese & Müller Nevo GH Vario out of the head and probably not satisfied before it stays in my home. I live in Denmark and the nearest and only dealer is 135 km away from my home. The dealer offers electric bike service at my address as well as surcharges for driving above (approx. 100 €). Unfortunately, it is difficult for me to sell my little otherwise good Kalkhoff bike, because the Impulse II engine has a bad reputation. I don't know if my English is understandable - I used Google Translate.

My current bike Kalkhoff Sahel Compact

1546120100562.jpeg

My wish bike
Riese & Müller Nevo GH Vario

1546120148418.png

alternative bike
1546120220451.jpeg

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I don't see why you should have any problem with the Performance CX. After all, lots of people ride mopeds , scooters and motor bikes with much more power. It is a lot more than you need for a small rider in Denmark but should give you a very enjoyable ride indeed. You could get a bike more than adequate for what you need for half the price, but if you have the money and want to treat yourself I'm sure you will find it worth it.

I don't think you will find the weight an issue on the road; could be a problem if you have steps at home to get it up or something like that.