Which one?

Flycaster

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
Hi all,

I have posted before last year but being in and out of hospital I am back again looking for an ebike.

Due to going into hospital for a massive operation, I need to get off my backside and start to loose weight and get a bit fitter, recuperation will be 6-12 months.

I am 6' 2" and have my eye on these two:

A Woosh Gran Camino: https://wooshbikes.co.uk/?gran-camino

I really liked the look of the Big Bear that is now obsolete and this is probably a step up but I don't know.

A Cyrusher XF900: https://www.cyrusher.co.uk/en/bikes/XF900

I probably think the Cyrusher may entail me in getting it insured for road use, which is no problem, I have a A1 motorcycle licence, don't know if that makes a difference. I do like it that it looks to have good suspension and throttle and that the tyres are huge so should be great on the UK roads/off road.

Please let me know your valuable thoughts on them.

Thanks and take care.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Unless it is already class registered you will need to get the Cyrusher registered; I understand that can be awkward in practice. Also insurance can be difficult, not because it is really higher risk but because it is a risk insurers don't understand.

Even after insurance etc you will be very limited off-road with it; only on private land with no public access (and landowner's permission), so no bike paths, bridleways, canal paths etc., just BOATs.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Cyrusher you won't get third party insurance unless it has a certificate of conformity and has a valid test certificate, that means registering as a moped, a number plate and a M/C helmet. All this means no off road usage for a lot of the UK. After all that you are better off with a moped or ice scooter.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Woosh.
Im not bias, i ride a Scott but I've been in cycling long enough to spot a bad bike and cyrusher is not what I would choose, ever.
Plus Woosh is a British company run by a cyclist, not some IT bloke off somewhere in HongKong

I saw one of the cyrusher bikes about a week ago, by gads it was ugly.

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: Nealh

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Plus Woosh is a British company run by a cyclist, not some IT bloke off somewhere in HongKong
I think you need to do a bit of research into Woosh history. What you said is quite funny. Even Woosh will be chuckling. Not that the past matters. They've been dealing in ebikes for more than 10 years and have been supporting the forum for all that time.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I think you need to do a bit of research into Woosh history. What you said is quite funny. Even Woosh will be chuckling. Not that the past matters. They've been dealing in ebikes for more than 10 years and have been supporting the forum for all that time.
Theres no info on their origins on their site and companies house has them incorporated since 2011 and as a British company.
Certainly they've been purported on here as such, are you saying this is not the case.
Pray tell. Unless you mean they import or something, though in any event I'd rather buy from a British shop or business than elsewhere.
If its to do with the actual origin of the bike, then few with the Exception of Hope or USE are actual UK based manufacturers, Hope especially, and 99% of all other components made come from outside. But thats not what I was talking about.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Pray tell. Unless you mean they import or something, though in any event I'd rather buy from a British shop or business than elsewhere.
I was and still is working in IT. vfr400 thought that I may chuckle reading your post #5.
If you look up Companies House record, you can find that Woosh Bikes has always been headed by my wife, Harriet, she prefers to be called Hatti. She and I started an IT company in 1982 and she is still that company's secretary. In my day job, I run the IT business and in my spare time, hang around here on the forum doing support for Woosh.
Since the downturn in computer hardware sales from the 2008 crisis made most of the space we have in the property we own become scarcely used. So it made sense to find an alternative use for it. We started the e-bike business in 2011. Both of us are now pensioners but still working.
All the Woosh's crew are born and bred in Southend-On-Sea, not that matters much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moreloman 93 MB

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Exactly what I though last night when I had quiet chuckle to my self, was going to post near the exact same reply but thought otherwise.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Ahh right i see.
I did notice from companies house the initial business, but failed to put two and two together :lol: