Which Rack for Cube CROSS HYBRID Exc 500 Allroad

CeeJayCee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 24, 2019
Hello,

I've just put down a deposit on a Cube CROSS HYBRID Exc 500 Allroad. Now waiting for my employer to approve the bike to work scheme purchase.

Which rack is compatible with this bike?

From reading posts on this forum, I think I need the "ACID REAR CARRIER SIC 28" RILINK"? https://www.cube.eu/en/equipment/components/luggage-racks/product/acid-rear-carrier-sic-28-rilink-black/

I have a Topeak Super Tourist DX Disc on my current commuter bike, which I like. Is there a way to make this work?
Would these adapters allow me to use the mounting holes that are forward facing?

CeeJayCee

Sep 24, 2019
Giving this a wee bump, because I think it got caught in the auto-moderation software.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Thule Pack n Pedal rack work really well if you have no boss's but isn't cheap.
If you have no boss's you can buy clamp on boss's to overcome.

HH66

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2018
I've got the same bike and the rack you've posted a link to looks like the right one. I bought the rack at the same time as the bike and had it fitted in the shop. The guy fitting it said it's really tricky but he did a good job and it's rock solid. There are no obvious fitting points on the bike so my advice would be to have it done by a pro.

CeeJayCee

Sep 24, 2019
I've got the same bike and the rack you've posted a link to looks like the right one. I bought the rack at the same time as the bike and had it fitted in the shop. The guy fitting it said it's really tricky but he did a good job and it's rock solid. There are no obvious fitting points on the bike so my advice would be to have it done by a pro.
Thanks HH66. I emailed Cube directly and they confirmed this is the rack to use. Just ordered it, we'll see how easy it is to fit (I normally do all my bike maintenance, so don't mind getting my hands dirty).

HH66

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2018
Thanks HH66. I emailed Cube directly and they confirmed this is the rack to use. Just ordered it, we'll see how easy it is to fit (I normally do all my bike maintenance, so don't mind getting my hands dirty).
Hope you enjoy the bike. I love mine!