Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
we use DPD.

Reactions: Deus

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The difference is Woosh are a company who will have insurance and an agreement set up and unfortunately Deus you are like the rest of us a nobody/a private citizen who they will refuse to deal with when lithium is mentioned.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 25121

The issue is would accept liability if the batteries caught fire, would you?

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I formed the impression it was possible, or at least easier, to ship a bike with a battery compared to a battery on its own.

Bike Discount in Germany used to ship batteries to the UK - I bought a Bosch one.

However, the link on the site now comes up as 'not available in your country'.

Looks like they will still ship complete bikes.

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
It looks like i will have to either drive 200 miles or risk sending the battery and risk it been 'disposed' of if the courier find out its a battery in the box.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
DHL deliverd my battery today, no problems. The box it was in was clearly marked as a LiOn battery too, with all the usual warnings on it.
I think you will find it's the same old chestnut companies will have agreement's/contracts in place along with insurance , a private individual not so.

gw8izr

Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I had to return a battery to Amazon (camera batt) as it was faulty. Even Amazon couldn't find a courier that would pick up a defective battery. They gave in and just refunded me, instructed me to either keep it or take it to a recycle centre.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Mention a battery on it own or a faulty one then no chance.
Jimmy at ebikebatteries .co.uk has no issue with collecting and couriering them back to customers, as a legit electronics company obviously has some contract/agreement in place.
Woosh bikes also have something in place as they also ship out batteries as does Wipser Bikes.
I buy cells from Nkon and again no issue for them being delivered by DHL.
Hobbyking send out lipo's by courier and have had 18t lorries turn up at the door with packages.

• Agree
Reactions: gw8izr
D

Deleted member 25121

I believe that many delivery companies will transport batteries but only for companies that follow certain requirements to do with labelling on the box and possibly packaging.

But most won't do this for private individuals because of the risk, ParcelForce is an example of this, imagine the damage that could be caused by a battery catching fire inside one of their warehouses.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
ParcelForce won't take items containing batteries from private customers.
It is like a lot of couriers it has to be a business account or trusted companies that will have insurance/protocols in place.

• Agree
Reactions: ebiker99

Jim e

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 4, 2020
Hi there,when I went to order a battery off internet sellers I couldn't get it delivered unless it was attached to a bike ,I had the bike plus everything I needed already so after a couple of days trying I found a seller in Austria that would post to me in northern Ireland so having no choice I went for it and not a bad price either.five days later it arrived with a courier ,unmarked van but the parcel had a well known courier label on it ,it has served me well although doesn't get a lot of use as our laws here are messed up at present, hopefully soon to be resolved.the battery was shipped box inside box well padded and virtually drained of power but all good ,thanks guys