While riding a pedelec, has anyone been pulled over by the Police?

• Thread starter Deleted member 33385
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 33385

So far, I've been completely ignored by the Police and I'm seriously considering re-attaching the throttle on my BBS01b and setting the speed limit to 999mph. Has anyone here actually been stopped by the Police?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
ppl have been pulled over on them stupid emoped things with pedals as not riding on the road.

i can hit 35mph on the flat in short bursts never had a problem it just hurts more when you fall off!

D

Deleted member 33385

i can hit 35mph on the flat in short bursts

That's going some!

hurts more when you fall off!

I'm willing to take the physical and legal hits at this point. I'm normally very law abiding, but this lockdown is really getting on my t*ts! Some of my clients are over 20 miles away from each other and I need to cut journey times by half.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you wont have a problem unless you kill someone but the fact that you can change the speed settings in the display would be classed as a off road switch anyway buy law.

you will drain the batt faster tho and reduce its life span over time.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Your BBS will still likely only top out at about 20/21 mph.

D

Deleted member 33385

Your BBS will still likely only top out at about 20/21 mph.

Every little helps! And I'm now quite light, due to my intermittent fasting diet:

...and my bike only weighs 10.7kg (plus a non-original seat, plus BBS01b, plus GSP tracker rear light, plus non-original wider tyre). I'll reprogram the damn thing and report back... if I can find a bit of flat road around here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 33385

the fact that you can change the speed settings in the display would be classed as a off road switch anyway buy law.

Yes, if they got nitpicky post accident, I'm doomed anyway.

you will drain the batt faster tho and reduce its life span over time.

I'm more worried about the controller. Worst case - it's only £140 for a new one.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

:eek:

Reactions: pentiumofborg
D

Deleted member 33385

Very impressive speed! And you're actually pedalling, not just using the throttle. Canals are a good idea... fewer witnesses. And if an annoyed pedestrian pushed you into the canal, you could always swim: Damp is preferable to crushed by lorry.

Last edited: