White Christmas?

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
Just been looking at the weather for next week, we could be in for some snow on Christmas day!

The CFS, ICON and ECM models are all showing -5 C over most of the UK at 850 hPa and the thickness is below 528 dam on the 25th, all good indicators of possible snow.

We could be riding our bikes in the snow this Christmas after all!

It's still several days away yet, but we'll have to keep an eye on this.

Attachments

Reactions: Woosh

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
Still looking cold, ECM showing good potential for snow over Christmas Eve and Christmas day:

This is also shown on ICON:

Even if it doesn't snow, looks like we are in for a week or so of cold and frosty weather.

Attachments

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
global warming needs to speed up been pissing down near every day :p

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
No snow predicted for the next week, rain is in the offering though. Temps are too mild at the mo and the foreseeable week, though may get a bit frosty later on.
Modelling is unpredictable best stick with the seaweed hung up, if it is wet then it's raining :D .

• :D
Reactions: flecc and Woosh

GSV3MiaC

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2020
We don't even need seaweed. If we can see Brown Clee hill it is going to rain. If we can't then it IS raining, or else night time. If below about 3c, substitute snow or sleet for 'rain'.

But then, as my builder told me, we are reknowned for having 9 months of winter followed by 3 months of bad weather. (Right, that should keep the crowds away..)

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
The models are still predicting a lot of cold on Christmas Eve/Day. Looks like snow is possible in Scotland, Wales and the North of England:

Edward Elizabeth

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2020
Buckinghamshire
I get Met reports from the Civil Aviation Authority, and theyre suggesting it'll be crisp and cold, but no precipitation.

Never say never, but its not terribly likely.

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
I get Met reports from the Civil Aviation Authority, and theyre suggesting it'll be crisp and cold, but no precipitation.

Never say never, but its not terribly likely.
Looking like there will be slushy snow in places on Christmas eve, but just a few places will get snow on Christmas day on high ground. We may be in for more snow as we head towards new year.