White!

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Drew curtains at 07:30 to whiteness out there. Bit of a surprise - not forecast. But looked like snow everywhere. Further checks showed it was hail.

Needed drive partner in to town, and got caught in one of the heaviest hail showers I remember in a very long time. All roads covered within minutes. Drivers being very very careful - bit gaps, slow, especially downhill. Fair size hail lump - gave quite a ping on my face even just walking.

Forecast still doesn't say anything about hail.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Drew curtains at 07:30 to whiteness out there. Bit of a surprise - not forecast. But looked like snow everywhere. Further checks showed it was hail.

Needed drive partner in to town, and got caught in one of the heaviest hail showers I remember in a very long time. All roads covered within minutes. Drivers being very very careful - bit gaps, slow, especially downhill. Fair size hail lump - gave quite a ping on my face even just walking.

Forecast still doesn't say anything about hail.
Not a spot here
And you know where I live
That’s mad

Reactions: oyster

grldtnr

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
south east Essex
Come! Come! Apart from a late thaw from the 2018 spring, it hasn't been all that bad as a Summer, and October has been relatively benign ,up to now!
End of BST tonight, back to UTC Sunday morning, get her thermals out!

Reactions: Fat Rat

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I can see snow on the Basque mountains (1000+ meters)! Last night it was 5°C and raining here by the coast so I am not surprised.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
The Essex boys would be walking Southend prom in shorts and singlets in that weather, not cos they are tough, just simple!
They walk around like that here in the middle of December/January, makes the northern folk easy to spot.

Last year we went to the Rioja for the weekend in January - beautiful blue sky, not a cloud, snow capped hills, crispy 10°C. Saturday nigh out for tapas and all the locals were shirt and jacket, I was in coat, jumper, scarf, glove and woolly hat mode so we were getting the "oh look tourists" stare...

Advertisers