Who has a BBS02 on a 73mm BB?

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
I have found the perfect bike to put my BBS02 750W on BUT it has a 73mm bottom bracket.
I know I can use locking compound instead of the locknut and longer bolts and spacers for the left hand bracket but was worried about the chainline.

My current Apollo Evade jumps over the teeth in the 3 top gears using a DNP 11-30 freewheel but that may be down to the derailleur as much as anything as it is a cheap pile of Halfords crap.

I am looking at the http://www.evanscycles.com/products/can ... ign=Criteo

The spec says it has a tange-seiki-ln-3912-square-taper-bottom-bracket on but I have just been to my LBS and all the Cannondales in there have 73mm BBs.

I just want to know if folks are managing ok with 8 speed cassettes before I put my hand in my pocket.

bisacalown

Just Joined
May 26, 2013
I'm running the bafang 750w version on a 73mm bottom bracket. You need to make a few spacers and use longer bolts to make it work but it is really quite easy. See in the picture the 5mm thick nuts I have drilled out as spacers, you could use washers...

I have an 8speed cassette and the chail line is rubbish. I had to put a chain keeper on top of the chain ring to stop the chain coming off.

1 locknut works fine , no locktite used, just brute force. Done about 700 miles on it. Awesome kit.

Attachments

Reactions: Kinninvie

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
I have an 8speed cassette and the chail line is rubbish. I had to put a chain keeper on top of the chain ring to stop the chain coming off.
I dont have that motor but I do have that problem with rubbish chain line due to a modification I made to my bike. Can you give me some info on this chain keeper method, it might help me.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
I left the front derailleur on my Evade for a while but found I did not need it(7 speed freewheel).
The Cannondale has an 8 speed and the chainstay will touch the 46 tooth chainwheel so I will need a chainring adaptor and 42 tooth chainwheel and that should sort the chainline out.
I am hoping to put 2 chainwheels on and use the inner for low gears and the outer for the high ones which should keep it pretty straight.

filboov66

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 3, 2012
Bradford. West Yorkshire.
P1000119.JPG P1000122.JPG This has 68mm BB. I had to use spacers on the drive side of the shaft to clear the swingarm so ended up with single lock nut like bisacalown has posted. It's a BB30 with a reducer fitted. When testing on the stand the chain came off at the front when on the largest cog at the back because of the acute chainline. But it's a 10 speed cog so I just use the bottom 6 or 7

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Turned out mine works perfectly in all 8 gears and even on rough trails with small jumps.

Advertisers