Who's Kalkhoff UK

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Recently appeared posting on the forum.

Who are you please?
This second post by Aftersales Kalkhoff UK indicates that this is also 50cycles, the UK Kalkhoff agent.

Director Tim Snaith most commonly posts for them, but maybe he's on holiday at present. They reopen on the 4th January.

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
Kalkoff UK suggests that they are they are a branch of the manufacturer based in the UK.

Clearly not the case and very misleading.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Kalkoff UK suggests that they are they are a branch of the manufacturer based in the UK.

Clearly not the case and very misleading.
Unless there are presentation changes afoot. Kalkhoff long ago took over distribution in the USA themselves as the Kalkhoff USA company, and in the latest very recent change it's now Kalkhoff US/AUS as this site shows.

Kalkhoff is just a name anyway, the company is Derby Cycle Werke Gmbh as the copyright at the foot of that website shows

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
Unless there are presentation changes afoot. Kalkhoff long ago took over distribution in the USA themselves as the Kalkhoff USA company, and in the latest very recent change it's now Kalkhoff US/AUS as this site shows.

Kalkhoff is just a name anyway, the company is Derby Cycle Werke Gmbh as the copyright at the foot of that website shows
I dont know the history of trading names etc.

My point being that Kalkhoff UK suggests to me that there would be another port of call, other than 50 Cycles should anyone have problems with their machine.
If Kalkoff UK is in fact 50 Cycles, then there is no other port of call. I would see this as misleading.

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If Kalkoff UK is in fact 50 Cycles, then there is no other port of call. I would see this as misleading.
Mind you, if they are trying to mislead they are doing a lousy job of it.

They've given the points of contact as 50cycles website, a 50cycles phone number and the 50cycles Live Chat facility.

Not exactly stealthy!

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Here you go SRS, taken from another thread. Seems a very reasonable response to me.

"However the guarantee that I can offer you that from our company 50cycles is as the UK Kalkhoff distributor is that we will keep you on the road no matter what. We have done this successfully now with 20000 customer. However it cannot be expected that we offer free service including delivery costs indefinitely. Although our after-sales staff do have set guidelines we also flexible and open to each individual case."

Last edited:

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
On the road no matter what. You can't get better than that.
The one thing i cannot forget,when 50 cycles split from ezee they tried to completely distance themselves from any responsibilty,for any problem of previous sales,could they do the same again.

Advertisers