Why I like buying from Wiggle

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Every time I've ordered from Wiggle, they've included a small bag of Haribo sweets in with the order.

It's a small gesture, but one my tummy likes and will keep me going back to Wiggle :)

Anyone else had good experiences with a company, which keeps you going back for more?

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
Yep, my youngest likes me ordering from Wiggle too cos he gets the Haribo. :)

Wiggle are excellent but I bought tons of stuff online from most of the big suppliers and always received good service.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's some while since I last ordered from Wiggle and they didn't give sweets then. However, the service has always been excellent.

There are companies in other fields that I've had great service from, but I won't give any names simply because they haven't always been consistent in the long term. Typically I might find a company giving great service for two or three years, and then inexplicable it goes downhill. Conversely, companies I've abandoned due to bad service have much later been consistently excellent after my reluctant return for something only they had.

The only reason I can think of for this inconsistency is that trying to give flawless service with wafer thin margins in today's competitive markets inevitably leads to a breaking point eventually, one that takes a while to recover from.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Quality of the staff can make a big difference. Treat them well if you have them.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
They used to say "How to remove ten pounds of ugly fat, cut your head off"

Nutmeg

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 23, 2015
Good customer service is key. Also if a company deals well with a problem, then you really get to see how good they are. If a company deals efficiently with a problem, it can actually be a positive customer experience.

NZgeek

Pedelecer
Jun 11, 2013
Whangarei, Northland, New Zealand
I like wiggle too.

I buy lots of stuff online (I'm a nerd, it's cheaper, the local bike shops often contain retarded staff).

We have a supplier at work who puts little packets of lollies in, so we use them when we can... plus they're cheaper - ordered 2 xenon bulbs from them this week, for only $3600, instead of $5000 for genuine ... got 2 bags of sweets! :cool:

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
I'm impressed with your method, VictoryV. I'm simply reducing portion size (early days - always hungry!), and haven't looked at the calorie count - until now. Thank you.
PS Have been using the glass of water trick; it does help.

VictoryV

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2012
near Biggleswade
I'm impressed with your method, VictoryV. I'm simply reducing portion size (early days - always hungry!), and haven't looked at the calorie count - until now. Thank you.
PS Have been using the glass of water trick; it does help.
It was more of a "calorie audit". So I really have not changed what I have to cook for both my wife and myself in the main meals, apart from reducing potatoes a little (type 2 diabetics should better be described as "Carbohydrate intolerant"), and staying away from mashed potatoe becuase that gives a really high glycemic index hit. I have added more root veg like carrot, swede instead. My wife is virtually immobile during the day, and on medication that normally causes weight gain, nevertheless she has also lost 10 kg over the year since Jan 2014 which is highly beneficial for her. I use the slow cooker a lot this time of year, then it is barbecue and salads throughout the summer.

The linked NHS website is brilliant for specific food product information, it stopped working one day, so I e-mailed their reporting site - got a personal reply from a coder-person and it was fixed within hours!

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/weight-loss-guide/Pages/calorie-counting.aspx

Reactions: peerjay56

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I have been using Chain reaction for my buys.. I visited all my local shops with the same question " How can I easily and inexpensively reduce the gearing on my Boardman to make it more pensioner friendly in a hilly area" All said it would be too expensive to consider and I would be better off buying a triple (from them) which arguably is what I should have done in the first place!
I mailed chain reaction and was offered a workable solution that was easy to do and relatively inexpensive . A follow up e-mail detailing the new gear ratios to compare to what I have now with basic instructions on how to do the job. Bits arrived in 2 days and everything worked as advised so Chain Reaction Cycles gets my vote!

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
I know it's a dirty word on bike forums, but I use Halfords a bit, for basics anyway. I find that if you order online and collect in store the prices are very good.

If you just wander in off the street they will rip you off though.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The online shops that I used and have given very good service are WIggle, CRC, bike-discount, Winstanleys. When I needed a crown race and HDB pads my local Evans was the cheapest and best option, on some parts the cost of online delivery isn't always the cheapest option.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
My nearest bike shop has just gone bust! I went in for some panniers, they were all over my bike, really interested and asking pertinent questions... Next day all boarded up..... could this be because we buy so much on line?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My nearest bike shop has just gone bust! I went in for some panniers, they were all over my bike, really interested and asking pertinent questions... Next day all boarded up..... could this be because we buy so much on line?
Most small LBS just can't compete, only the few who are close to large residential areas, in low cost premises and are happy to scrape a living from repairs can survive longer term as one man businesses.