Why so heavy

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
Have you compared the weight of Phylion battery, what makes it so much heavier 1KG DIFFERENCE comparing with Samsung both used on Ezeebike, usually we get told ....this is because it is better quality, materials, longevity etc. (mine holds 42v but doesn't respond to key still waiting answer to that one please anybody ?)

D

Deleted member 4366

i'm trying to help you in your other thread, please go back to it. We need to work through the problem logically.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The weight issue, cell physical construction is a big factor. Here's two extremes in that respect, click first image to enlarge:

Phylion 10Ah with steel cell cases, weight 4.3 kilos: mainint.jpg

Panasonic 10Ah with soft cell cases, weight 2.1 kilos:

Attachments

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I've seen no evidence of that, indeed, much of the evidence points the other way. Using my two examples as an instance, that particular Phylion battery had a somewhat poor life and often suffered premature failures, while that Panasonic battery justifiably has an enviable reputation for long life and reliability, working adequately still at well over four years in numerous cases, even late 2007 examples still in use in their sixth year.

Lighter weight often just reflects technological advances with consequent reliability and performance gains.

M.B. Phylion have greatly improved since, they had to.

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
I've seen no evidence of that, indeed, much of the evidence points the other way. Using my two examples as an instance, that particular Phylion battery had a somewhat poor life and often suffered premature failures, while that Panasonic battery justifiably has an enviable reputation for long life and reliability, working adequately still at well over four years in numerous cases, even late 2007 examples still in use in their sixth year.

Lighter weight often just reflects technological advances with consequent reliability and performance gains.

M.B. Phylion have greatly improved since, they had to.

YES THAT SIMILAR..to my experience with the Samsung , so do you think the Phylion is past it now