WHYTE 2007 46 Bafang... a real head turner!

Oscdav

Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2014
I am reluctantly selling a rare little beast, that was built by a Forum Member, a real enthusiast with lots of knowledge and nice guy to boot!... but what a build!!

Frame: 2017 Whyte 46. Rated as one of the best handling frames ever designed (Jon Whyte of Beneton/Schumacher fame)The 46 is currently fitted with the optional Alpine Linkage on the rear suspension which reduces the seat to crank height by a couple of inches.The adjustable travel at both ends means you can set the bike up for the terrain you're riding that day, high back/low front = XC sharp steering, low back/high front = FR/DH lazy steering, low/low = neutral trail/XC setting, high/high = neutral FR/DH...there's quite a few different permutations and coupled with the Fox suspension, you'll always be able to find the sweet spot.

Motor: Eclipse BBS02b 48V which actually has been powered down to 48V 500W nominal, but makes the bike far more user friendly on singletrack and extends the range)...if you want to change anything after riding it for a while then PC and a lead from the net makes it easy.

Battery: Insat/BGA Boston Powerswing 48V 11.6Ah battery pack. Programmed to full power, gives 30mph on the flat, climb anything you can chuck at it and still return 30 miles+ assist on a 2k+ft ride.

Forks: Fox 36 Talas 160 RC2/RP23.The builder fitted the 100/130/160 Fox 36 RC2 to make it suitable for all occasions.

Rear Shock: Fox Float RP3 200x50

Brakes: Hope Tech M4 203/180. Braided Cables. Hope adapters and 1 fitted brake\motor cut off. (left hand lever damaged in crash but still functions fully)

Wheels: 26in. Nukeproof Generator DH (a bit of a cult wheelset and rarely seen off the race circuits).

Tyres: Maxxis HR2. (consistently voted 10/10 in tyre tests)

Chainwheel: Raceface NW with Precialps Adapter

Rear mech: XT 10sp (needs adjustment) Shadow shifter and SX deraliur

Handlebars: Gravity Light 780mm with Gravity 70mm

Headset: Chris King SS

Seat post: Fire Eye FE-PA

Pedals: Nukeproof Proton

Chain: KMC X10

Saddle: Selle Italia Qbik Flow alloy

Battery: Insat/BGA Boston Powerswing 48V 11.6Ah battery pack and 2amp charger. Very lightly used... (always charged to around 80%, never fully discharged. The bike has been ridden only 77miles by myself using lots of leg power. Throttle disconnected and never used.
Motor programmed at 750w gives 30mph on the flat, climb anything you can chuck at it and still return. 30 miles+ assist on a 2k+ft ride.

This build, though heavier, is faster and has more torque than any of the usual legal, higher end bikes, and this is for sale at 1/2 or 1/3 of the price. The bike always gets favourable comments from many riders I meet. Yes.., even those riding without motors.

Fantastic and extremely forgiving handling really helps this bike perform sublimely in all conditions.
Very lightly used. But now it needs someone younger than my own 68 years and who doesn't squeal like a stuck pig on every downward slope! I am 68 and would rather be in bed, than shred and dead!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Based in Gtr. Manchester

Selling for £1,550

Attachments

Last edited: