Will the freego raptor controller handle a 36v battery?

djbarnat

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 14, 2015
Hi all,

Please help me!

I have a freego raptor (24v) which I use for my daily commute. The battery is not performing like it used to and tends to run out now just before the last hill on the way home.

I have access to 36v 13ah battery from a conversion kit I bought before i got the raptor and it is still in good order.

I was hoping I could use the 36v rather than shelling out on a new battery. As the controller is located inside the frame I am not sure how to get at it to see if it will handle 36v.

So the questions are;

Does anyone have any idea where in the frame the controller is mounted and how you access it?

Does anyone already know what controller is in a freego raptor and whether it would be rated for aa 36v battery?

I guess this may push the speed beyond legal limit so i am hoping that i can limit the speed somehow through programming the display / controller.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If the controller already has a speed limit, changing the battery to 36V won't change it.

I never heard of anybody trying a 36V battery with one of those bikes. Most 24V controllers can take a 36V battery, but there's no guarantee. If it does blow, you can get a normal 36V controller and LCD and run the wiring external to wherever you mount the controller. Alternatively, you have to remove the 24V controller and check what components it has.

Staps

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 21, 2020
The controller is in the seat tube. Also did you try it?

Last edited:

Advertisers