windy or is there a tornado about

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Since there are no 12 Ah D cells that I'm aware of, they may have used two packs in parallel of 30 cells, each of nominal 6 Ah. That box is probably just big enough for that, but the battery complete would weigh around 11 kilos, much like the old Powabyke SLA types.

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Since there are no 12 Ah D cells that I'm aware of, they may have used two packs in parallel of 30 cells, each of nominal 6 Ah. That box is probably just big enough for that, but the battery complete would weigh around 11 kilos, much like the old Powabyke SLA types.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

wonder if he meant he has got 2 36 volt batteries..maybe bought one as a spare......ive looked on the website and although a few look kind off funky i bet they dont ride like a modern bike does.....sometimes going funky i think is because they have run out of ideas or eveyone else has beat them to the best standard designs so they come out with something to catch the eye.... usually they do catch people eye as the rider often ends up pushing it home...:eek:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It can't be Keith, since there are no single NiMh D cells of 12 Ah. If that capacity is correct it must be twin batteries.

There are larger F cells which would permit a single battery, but over 12 Ah since they are 13 Ah.