Winter Riding

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
I don't put much faith in Hi-Viz clothing. Nowadays theres so much of it about, it tends to just blend in with the city background.

I wear it regardless, but I never assume that I'm visible to anyone.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
A GTX 1060 (at least a non-TI) is an expensive mudguard! I'd use my 970 but it's too short!
cant fkn game on it tho @4k 144hz 100+fps even if i got a rtx titan still not fkn do it pmsl:rolleyes:

Reactions: russ18uk

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
OK, I might be a wuss but I have just bought the best thing ever for winter riding.. My problem is cold feet so .. I have just come in from a 2.5 hour ride and slipped my feet into this... And in 10 minutes my tootsies are warm and toasty..
2018-12-10 16.02.53.jpg

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My lobsters (large size) fit a bit better now after a couple of rides, they have a little give in them and am sure they will be better going forward with more use. Certainly they are toastie.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I read something the other day about Hi-Viz and that so many now wear them (as common place) that they tend to blend in with the surroundings due to the their over use.

For my use if I wear one I wear a light weight wind proof pack-a-mac rain coat by Shimano which is a fetching bright sky blue and highly noticeable. It dosen't feel by touch or appear to be very warm but actually is verrrry good due to the wind proofing with a zip and Velcro front.