wiring help

fatts

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2009
west wales
Hi took back wheel out my whisper today and disconected the wireing plug and the 3 other thicker leads and to give me room to remove them through the apperture in the frame I went to dosconect the kettle lead and noticed the red lead plugged into the black and vica- versa should this be can they just be put red to red and black to black or leave well alone.
I noticed when I put the charger lead into the battery when still unplugged there is a pop sound from battery end
Yours in confusssion:eek:
forgot model is 905e

Last edited:

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Definately leave it alone!!

The mismatch in the polarity is in the kettle plug itself, this is molded on, so it couldn't be corrected there. Instead, Wisper have corrected it at the large white connector in the controller housing, this is why red goes to black and black goes to red.

When connecting the charger, connect to the battery first, then plug the charger into the mains and switch on. If the kettle plug is connected to the battery, make sure the battery keyswitch is in the off position

fatts

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2009
west wales
Thank you for your reply thats great
I connect the battery as you say do it also and with it off the bike must be one of those things
many thanks
Fatts

Advertisers