Wiring QS-S4 Display Throttle

Sean72

Just Joined
Oct 17, 2020
Hello, I've ordered a LH-100 LCD Throttle I received a QS-S4 upon wiring together found one extra wire which is white that LH-100 did not have. Now I have E10 message on the screen? I'm trying to install the QS-S4 on a Boyueda 5400w electric scooter. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Adgoz

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
There should be 6 wires: 3 for the throttle, one for the lights, one from the speed sensor and one from the battery to power it and work the battery meter. It's very important that you identify the battery wires on each side of the connector and make sure that they connect only to each other, otherwise you can kill the controller and the throttle, so be careful.

Show us the wires if you need more help.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
According to the manual, the wiring colours are the same as any digital control panel:
Red: battery voltage
Blue: switched battery voltage to power the controller
Black ground
Yellow and green: Data Tx and Rx

That leaves the white, which this picture shows as the lights:

If you crossed over the battery wire from the controller onto any of the other wires, or you misconnected the blue one, you might have done some damage to the throttle unit or the controller or both.

Sean72

Just Joined
Oct 17, 2020
Upon further checking it's appears QS-S4 is not compatible to the Boyueda scooter. So for the third time I've ordered LH-100 instrument monitor from another site. They say it's matching the description of what I relayed. Only a 3-4 week waiting time. I will update for those who may be interested once delivered and installed.

Attachments

WelshWhoopee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 25, 2017
Wales
yeah I also have the QS-S4 and it doesn't work for my mercane mx60 and no one in the UK has stock of the LH-100, any has any links and not from china as I know it could take weeks to come to UK

Sean72

Just Joined
Oct 17, 2020
Only place I know that supplies LH-100 is China. I looked for one also. China makes them.

Adgoz

Just Joined
Jul 10, 2022
Hi sorry to bother you but I broke blue wire can anyone tell me where it should go? Please thank you

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
There is no obvious sign on that face to see where it has come from, how about the other side ?
One should with a mag glass see a solder pad with likely two bits of wire ends still attached.

Adgoz

Just Joined
Jul 10, 2022
Same on other side:( can’t find where it was .. anyone can open yours and see ?