Wishlist for this board

Erik

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2008
I have some inputs about this board:

Profile to be shown by each post by a user:

Location, age?, type of (dearest) e-bike.

Preferences: Post time shown selected by user. I am one hour behind UK and i want 24-hour time system, not PM and AM.

All this is possible in vBulletin if you open up for it.

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
some people will find it a forced invasion of their privacy, the beauty of this forum and the people on it is that we are all pleasant people enjoying good banter, quality technical information that is shared and that this site isnt like "my space" or "faceparty" ect ect ,if we want to tell about ourselfs we do and if we dont we dont and as we are here for bike talk and not dateing thats right for us...
however just my thoughts so feel free to shoot me down..lol...:)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The personal details on location can already be added as a profile for all posts by those who want to, and some do. A very few users also include their bikes at the foot of their posts. All in all I think these are a personal choice matter, but I can see how the different time zone can be a problem.

I'd like the date to be changed to UK style day/month/year, as the illogical US military method, month/day/year always irritates me.

Erik

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2008
The time zone can already be set :eek:

Regarding invasion of privacy, those who don't want to reveal anything could be free to do so.

In the various car :eek: boat and motorbike forums I also attend it's easy to see what a writer is relating to when he writes "my car" etc.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think that's certainly true for cars and the like Erik, but e-bikes haven't settled into commonly understood patterns. The majority of users only have experience of one bike and often don't appreciate how large the differences can be in other models.

For example, the difference in character between throttle controlled powerful hub-motor bikes and those with the Panasonic unit are so great that they are almost like a different class of vehicle. A person with only experience of one of those would glean very little from the knowledge of someone owing the other, except perhaps that the other wouldn't understand. :rolleyes:

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
OK,

I've changed the date to the expanded European format and the time to 24 hour.

If you are all happy with that, then that is what we'll stick with. Otherwise let me know, I'm more than happy to experiment!

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
No problem folks, if there are any other improvements you would like to see please add them here.

Advertisers