Wisper 705 Fried Controller

DiggyGun

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
England
I was servicing the bikes and giving them a good clean after a two week cycling holiday, when I found this on Mrs DGs bike.

She has a Wisper 705, (which is a rear hub drive with a 375 Wh battery) and it looks like the controller got overheated at some point and melted the wiring. I’ve disconnected and separated the connections. Now I’ll check on the Wisper website to see what controller is fitted. Some of the bike wiring will have to be cut back and some new pieces added to get them back to the right length. It looks like the thicker Green, Yellow and Blue wire caused the problem as the blue bullet connectors were the most melted.

It‘s booked in with Rutland Cycles for them to look at and repair what’s necessary.

This leads me onto the following questions:
- I see that the Yellow / Green / Blue wires go to the motor. So am assuming that this caused the problem.
- At one stage, we did go up three very steep (1 in 8) hills, (see graph). We were the lowest gear and the highest PAS setting. Could this have caused the motor to overheat to cause the problem. If that is the case, we need to re-consider riding the Wisper on steep hills. Either not go up hills or change the bike.4697749FAD9B6-955E-4CD1-8329-64ABB9FE0D9F.jpegF94D1BBE-811B-429A-A2AA-5E8499155DEB.jpeg394C6CFE-BCBB-43B9-BD94-CB6998BF75D1.jpeg

Advertisers