Wisper 705 torque

peter chapman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 16, 2015
I have recently purchased a used wisper 705 torque for my wife its in immaculate condition only showing 640 miles on the display. However it seems to have a small fault when she uses it it zips along nicely but it then surges in power its not all the time but in sporadic bursts like its giving 80% then 100% power, can anyone suggest what could be wrong and how best to rectify. Shes very pleased with the bike its practical and comfortable and it fits her lifestyle perfectly just we would like to sort out the little niggle.

peter chapman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 16, 2015
What power level is selected on the LCD? Does the bike have a throttle?
Hi thanks for the reply. Yes it does have a throttle and she has it in power level 2 or 3. Just wondered if the controller settings have been altered? Do you know how i check them and what they sould be?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
There's no controller setting that can make it behave like that. Is it a full-speed throttle or is it capped at 4mph?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If you have a full range throttle (not limited to 4 mph), there's an intermittent short between the 5v and the signal wire. That can be because the cable is damaged, pulled too hard out of the throttle body or the throttle has water in it.