Wisper 705E brake disc pads

JonathanM

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 3, 2020
After much searching I found the discs for the Avid DB1 DB3 and DB5 fit the Wisper 705 calipers and are available on Ebay here. They seem good quality and price and sent first class. The Wisper pads are 29.8mm wide and Shimano etc are 30.8 and do not fit!

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
After much searching I found the discs for the Avid DB1 DB3 and DB5 fit the Wisper 705 calipers and are available on Ebay here. They seem good quality and price and sent first class. The Wisper pads are 29.8mm wide and Shimano etc are 30.8 and do not fit!
Thanks, JonathanM. I've ordered a pair just to check that they will fit my 905, then I'll get a few more. The Wisper pads are a bit pricy, so its always good to have a few cheaper alternatives. Its a bit of a minefield, without a steer, as there are so many minute variations in size and style.

IanHurley

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 1, 2020
Thanks, JonathanM. I've ordered a pair just to check that they will fit my 905, then I'll get a few more. The Wisper pads are a bit pricy, so its always good to have a few cheaper alternatives. Its a bit of a minefield, without a steer, as there are so many minute variations in size and style.
Thanks for the link JonathanM - Phil, if they do fit the 905 ok can you post and I'll get some for mine?

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
Thanks for the link JonathanM - Phil, if they do fit the 905 ok can you post and I'll get some for mine?
Hi Ian,
Yes, I ordered 1 pair and they fitted fine so I ordered a couple more. Haven't actually used them as I bought them as spares, so can't speak for how good they are, but they are cheap enough. Another one which fits is made by Aztec, ref. PBA0060 (organic). These are a bit dearer £8 I think, but they fit and work fine. Annoyingly, just after I bought them they went on special offer for £6. Slight irritation is that often the sets do not contain a new split pin. Have managed to track some down which fit my callipers and I'll post details when I get back.

Advertisers