Wisper 806 torque dead

al.b

Pedelecer
Feb 14, 2018
lancashire
I was hoping some of you more tech savvy people may be able to help. My wisper 806 torque I think 2016 model has died! I am not a regular user but a few weeks ago took it out for a spin. When I switched on the power absolutely nothing. I reseated the battery a few times but still nothing. After an hour of fiddling I went back home disappointed. Yesterday I tried again this time it did power up and after a 5 mile ride stopped and had break. Switched of the power but when I returned nothing, really frustrated and after several attempts had to cycle back on raw leg power which in my condition wasn't good. The battery has been very well looked after and about just over 2 years old. Always charged and kept in dry conditions. I have checked the wiring as far as I am able but still nothing. I thought their are only 3 main components excluding the motor. The battery, the controller, and wiring.I have removed the battery many times and refitted and its holding its charge so unless a fault has internally developed Im not sure. I have only had this bike 4 months and I have contacted wisper but was wondering if you guys might have few ideas. So downhearted very few pleasures left in life and its very dear to me. anything please?

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
I'm sure a call to Wisper will quickly help identify the problem.
In the meantime you might like to try to identify whether the battery switch is a bit sticky. A little squirt of wd40 into the lock might help.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Cutting out could be many things battery fault or even a sensor fault.
Could be a controller issue but that is only an assumption, the torque has an unusual drive system of torque and cadence sensor so may also be an issue there. Wisper will in due course sort it out via the dealer but these things don't happen over night so a case of being patient, you can be rest assured the problem will be solved Wisper have a very good presence on the forum.

As juicy has mentioned switches sometimes can cause an issue if they aren't latching correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Alex, I hope all is well, if I remember we swapped your used 2016 705Torque for a used 806Torque as you wanted a smaller bike.

Although the bike is not under warranty of course we will help you resolve the issue.

I have spoken to Claud who tells me that he is currently in communication with you and is just about to respond to your email of this morning,

Is there anything I can do to help?

Kind regards, David

Last edited:

al.b

Pedelecer
Feb 14, 2018
lancashire
Hi Alex, I hope all is well, if I remember we swapped your used 2016 705Torque for a used 806Torque as you wanted a smaller bike.

Although the bike is not under warranty of course we will help you resolve the issue.

I have spoken to Claud who tells me that he is currently in communication with you and is just about to respond to your email of this morning,

Is there anything I can do to help?

Kind regards, David

Hi David,Thanks for your message. Yes Claud has been in contact but this is one strange fault. I have already told him it isn't under warranty but was hoping to see if there was anything obvious before taking it to my dealer for investigation.Its really dead no sign of life at all but I am convinced its either the battery electronics or the controller based on when it first happened. No complaints just anxious about an expensive repair. Alex

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
David is busy again with another issue and Claud as ever to remedy the situation. Just goes to show that these guys are top dog regarding brand reputation and CS :cool::cool::cool:.

al.b

Pedelecer
Feb 14, 2018
lancashire
Please don't worry about the expense Alex, we will sort something out with you. If Claud cant resolve remotely we will work with your dealer to help them sort out the issue.

All the best, David
Hi David

Thank you, Claud has come back to me with list of checks to carry out. I have booked it with Ian at Bolton for a service a week tomorrow but I'm very grateful for your help. It isn't easy explaining to people what this bike means to me its pure escape from my medical reality and makes me feel so young! Cheers Alex

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not only Wisper go the extra mile with CS & customers, I know Woosh/Hatti is the same and most likely Volt bikes as well just to name three retailers who support Pedelecs.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi David

Thank you, Claud has come back to me with list of checks to carry out. I have booked it with Ian at Bolton for a service a week tomorrow but I'm very grateful for your help. It isn't easy explaining to people what this bike means to me its pure escape from my medical reality and makes me feel so young! Cheers Alex
Great news Alex, let’s get you back on the road ASAP!

al.b

Pedelecer
Feb 14, 2018
lancashire
Just a late update. Ian my wisper dealer had it for several weeks but couldn't find anything...then on the last day the problem showed up. New controller fitted not too costly and bingo. My Thanks to Valley scooters(lan) for fixing, Grateful thanks to Claud at wisper for all our agro(sorry claud) and of course David for his assistance. A long wait but we made it just before winter sets in. Ps The bike does not like wet leaves, all over the place today( a bit like the trains that can't run on wet leaves either...Traction thanks to members for their input.:)

Reactions: John doncaster dn6

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For wet leaves get a set of winter spike/studded Schwalbe tyres for extra grip, put them on now and take them off after winter. I have a set I use and will be doing their 4th winter stint this year with little wear on them.

kingsknight

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2018
its really nice to see! I'm so new to the ebike market and it is nice to know about good companies to recommend to my friends. I've got a lot of friends who want to get ebikes now after they have seen the great effects of owning one have been on me :)