Wisper 905se Forks

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Hi folks, having owned my 905se for 10 months now i have come to the conclusion i need some suspension forks, due to the state of the roads in Cheshire and my weary old bones. Will i need a specific type of forks for an ebike due to weight? (the bikes not mine) Suggestions please. Cheers Steve.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Not sure you can fit sus forks to a solid fork frame. The suspension fork would be longer so the front end would be kicked up. This alters the angle of the steering head and does God knows what to the handling. Also there would be extra strain on the forks because the loading on them would be further out of vertical than they were designed for.
When I looked into this for my old hybrid, I ended up buying a Carrera and converting it with a hub kit.

Batholith

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 24, 2018
Mid Wales
Hi folks, having owned my 905se for 10 months now i have come to the conclusion i need some suspension forks, due to the state of the roads in Cheshire and my weary old bones. Will i need a specific type of forks for an ebike due to weight? (the bikes not mine) Suggestions please. Cheers Steve.
Hi Steve
I think the rigid fork has a longish collar above the above the fork itself but below the steerer, while the supension fork they fit as an optional extra (a Suntour NEX) does not, leaving room for the sliding part of the fork to move without lifting the front of the frame or changing the geometry much when the fork is extended.
If you post on the Wisper clinic forum, I am sure David who seems very helpful would give you definitive answer. They might even be able to sell you a replacement suspension fork, that you then know ill fit.
Cheers