Wisper 905SE Sport Spares (Brake Pads)

ElephantsGerald

Pedelecer
Mar 17, 2008
Herefordshire, HR2
Hi Everyone,

I've worn out the rear brake pads on my 905SE Sport (too many 35mph descents!).

I'm a cycling novice, so I've no idea if I need pads that are matched to my brakes (which are some sort of Promax caliper I think), or will any old pads do?

Whilst I'm at it, what sort of spare pads are required for the front (Promax) disk brake?

I've been looking on Wiggle, but I can't figure out what I need.

Looking forward to some advice before I crash into a tractor :eek:.

Regards,

Elephants

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Hi Everyone,

I've worn out the rear brake pads on my 905SE Sport (too many 35mph descents!).

I'm a cycling novice, so I've no idea if I need pads that are matched to my brakes (which are some sort of Promax caliper I think), or will any old pads do?

Whilst I'm at it, what sort of spare pads are required for the front (Promax) disk brake?

I've been looking on Wiggle, but I can't figure out what I need.

Looking forward to some advice before I crash into a tractor :eek:.

Regards,

Elephants
For the rear brakes, any blocks for V-brakes would do. If in doubt, ask in any bike shop. For the front ones, I don't know, but let me know if you find the answer!
Frank

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
For the rear brakes, any blocks for V-brakes would do. If in doubt, ask in any bike shop. For the front ones, I don't know, but let me know if you find the answer!
Frank
That's good to know for the rear brakes Frank.
My Wisper currently has the the old shimano rear brakes fitted which had been on my PowaByke. I now know that I can use the original one's with new pads.
I read somewhere on this forum that the front disc brake pads were hard to find/replace so mine has been replaced with shimano front disc brakes :)
I can't remember where mind :D

Advertisers