Wisper After Sales Service.

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Once again Wisper have provided great service after the battery for my 905se developed a fault with the battery capacity indicator not working and it cutting out. The battery was sent back, problem rectified and returned in less than 2 weeks. I don't subscribe to Fakebook or any other social media platforms but believe in praise where praise is due so once again thanks Wisper. Steve W....

D

Deleted member 25121

Once again Wisper have provided great service after the battery for my 905se developed a fault with the battery capacity indicator not working and it cutting out. The battery was sent back, problem rectified and returned in less than 2 weeks. I don't subscribe to Fakebook or any other social media platforms but believe in praise where praise is due so once again thanks Wisper. Steve W....
Was that done under the battery's warranty?

D

Deleted member 25121

So hardly exceptional service then, it's a pity it had failed so quickly.

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
I don't know if admin access is required to do it but this post could be moved to the Wisper Clinic forum. I think it can be found with a search even tho the clinics no longer appear in the forum menu. (for reference).
It would be a good place to put sticky links to the manuals & how to access any display set up procedures not shown in the manual too. Cheers. Mikel

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Like most hub bikes they use generic China component's, thought there was a premature failure the company shines when a fault arises and is rectified in a relatively short reasonable space of time.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Steve for your kind words , sorry you had a problem and it took two weeks to repair. We are massively busy at the moment.

Ebiker is correct, it shouldn’t have happened but unfortunately problems do arise with all motor vehicles. We are very aware that if there is a problem we need to be in a position and have the skills to sort out any issues quickly.

All the best, David

• Disagree
Reactions: ebiker99

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Yes actually exceptional service Ebiker, the battery was 22 months old and was still working with the odd cutout but the indicator light was not, this was replaced with a new battery in less than 2 weeks try and see how long it takes for Bosch to replace a battery. Like Nealh states the "company shine when a fault arises" so thanks again to all at Wisper. Steve W....

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Many thanks again Steve, I do remember the case. We managed to get the issue resolved but weren’t happy it wouldn’t reoccur so elected to supply a brand new battery. We are using your old battery for bike testing.

All the best, David

• Disagree

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One reason why Wisper are one of the strong recommends for quality service.

D

Deleted member 25121

Yes, quality service is a necessity when products fail under warranty. I wouldn't want to be without my ebike for 2 weeks though.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Yes, quality service is a necessity when products fail under warranty. I wouldn't want to be without my ebike for 2 weeks though.
Of course you wouldn’t, no one would. If there is a problem we would like to be much faster. However by the time we actually received the battery, ran all the tests and the new battery had been received many days will have past. Especially at this time of year when we are checking and sending out way over 100 bikes a week. We are not perfect but strive to be! ;0)

All the best, David

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: ebiker99 and flecc

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I would say two weeks isn't bad for diagnosis/repair since it has to be sent to and from a dealer, lucky it wasn't a Bosch or other mid drive bike. Reports of Six weeks or so as component parts go back to Germany I believe.

D

Deleted member 25121

I would say two weeks isn't bad for diagnosis/repair since it has to be sent to and from a dealer,
What did they use, pigeon post? 2 days max either way for shipping and one day to examine an under warranty failure = 1 week turnaround.
It sounds as though the Wisper shipping department was responsible for the testing, perhaps this is why it took so long to get the problem resolved.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Neath!

Hi ebiker99 why not call me and We can discuss exactly how these things pan out in the real world? As you can see, we are so much faster than the likes of Bosch etc, do you have a bit of an axe to grind in our case?
Reading through your other posts you seem to be very well informed with a possible connection to a London ebike shop, are you in the ebike business? Do I know you? Please call anytime 07733226906.

All the best, David

• Disagree

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
I am sorry I even started this thread now, all I wanted to do was thank Wisper for what I considered was a great service, But thanks to ebiker99s warped view of the world where nothing should ever fail and if it does it should be remedied in a nano second, it has turned into a bit of a slanging match. However I stand by my first post.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I am sorry I even started this thread now, all I wanted to do was thank Wisper for what I considered was a great service, But thanks to ebiker99s warped view of the world where nothing should ever fail and if it does it should be remedied in a nano second, it has turned into a bit of a slanging match. However I stand by my first post.
It's good for responders to post the good and bad about service received as it may help others to make an informed decision when choosing a brand/supplier.
99.9% of the time we only here good things from the likes of Wisper/Woosh on here, with oddly the odd disgruntled customer who have a large chip on their shoulder or an axe to grind (namely impatience). They don't shirk there responsibilities other wise they wouldn't be in business and get the good feed back on the UK's premier Pedelec forum.
You can never please all posters, two weeks may seem long to some but we are talking an electronic device and not a simple nut and bolt tightening process.
Not forgetting that there may already be a queue of diagnosis/faults already in the pipe line to work on, as well as other business orders to administer.

Last edited:

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
I think in this throwaway age the fact you have companies like Wisper who are also there post warranty is great. We have been a retailer with them for nearly 10 years and have always found them to be very helpful for advice and guidance. Yes in an ideal world everyone who like things fixed yesterday but this is not always possible. This is why we will loan a customer a bike if their bike was purchased from us.

Also we are lucky to have good mechanics but they are not easy to come by given the low wages compared to some other industries. We pay them more and charge a bit more because of how important they are to your business. I find people sometimes expect you to almost work for nothing whereas if it was a car they are less likely to question things.

Anyways well done Wisper!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 25121

Thanks Neath!

Hi ebiker99 why not call me and We can discuss exactly how these things pan out in the real world? As you can see, we are so much faster than the likes of Bosch etc, do you have a bit of an axe to grind in our case?
Reading through your other posts you seem to be very well informed with a possible connection to a London ebike shop, are you in the ebike business? Do I know you? Please call anytime 07733226906.

All the best, David
That's hilarious :):):), all I've done is to point out that I don't consider a 2 week turnaround on a battery pack that's failed under warranty to be the "great service" that the original poster claimed. It's not bad service, it's just average.

Now all the conspiracy theorists have jumped in, hilarious. :):):)

PS I'm not in the trade, I'm very happy with my ebike, I've no grudge against any supplier or manufacturer, I'm not a customer of yours and I've no idea who you know. So calm down.

• Dislike
Reactions: flecc
D

Deleted member 25121

All I've done is to point out that I don't consider a 2 week turnaround on a battery pack that's failed under warranty to be the "great service" that you claimed. It's not bad service, it's just average.

Great service would be a one week turnaround (it doesn't need to be nanoseconds :):):)), but twice that is hardly "great service".

"nothing should ever fail", what are you talking about? Of course things can fail, even under warranty, as the Which? surveys into the most reliable brands show.

There's no need to be insulting by the way, it does you no favours.