Wisper or Crossfuse which should I keep?

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
I bought a Wisper 905se 18 months ago did 1500 miles and have loved it, ultra reliable and easy to maintain, about a month ago I bought a Carrera Crossfuse and have done 100 miles on it, I was very impressed with the Bosch Activeline plus motor and the quality of the bike. Now comes the dilemma 10 days ago I suffered a heart attack and had to have 4 stents, back home now and slowly recovering (bless the NHS) obviously I cant ride at the moment and it is going to be a slowish recovery. Would I be better keeping the Wisper where I can ghost pedal and also use a full throttle or the Carrera which is slightly lighter and more nimble but requires more pressure on the pedals? Cheers Steve W.....

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
I have arthritis and many times have been thankful for the full throttle on my bike in order to get home

Poolepete

Pedelecer
Aug 14, 2018
Poole
First off, it's great you're still around to tell the tale! Secondly, I hope your recovery continues apace.

I would hold fire until you've made your recovery and then make your decision. Perhaps use the Whisper at first then move up to the Carrera. I would guess the Carrera will help you get fitter in the later stages of your rehabilitation?

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Cheers for the reply, I reckon your right start of on the Wisper and then work my way back to the Carrera, I was in the process of selling the Wisper, In hind sight good job I did not.

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
It’s a good idea to hang on to the bikes and make decisions later when you are fitter. Having accumulated seven stents following two h/a’s I’ve not got around to riding my Quartz e-bike yet, because I have to spend so much time visiting hospitals with distant car parks where I cannot walk I’ve bought two iFOLDi mobility scooters, http//.www.efoldi.com/jwills1893 (one for dear wife), they’re light, extremely portable, very adaptable, easily fit in a small hatch back car, can travel up to 14 miles on the flat (per charge) (depending on rider weight), easily carried on train, bus or aeroplane and can be brought to scooter readiness in less than one minute!
Glad you’re over the h/a, it was a turning point in my life.

Jim

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Thank you everyone for your advice, I reckon I will be hanging on to both at the moment as I am just getting to grips with the aftermath of my heart attack ie tiredness and weakness. Give it a couple of months and hopefully I shall be able to reassess the situation. Cheers Steve W.....

John doncaster dn6

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2018
Thank you everyone for your advice, I reckon I will be hanging on to both at the moment as I am just getting to grips with the aftermath of my heart attack ie tiredness and weakness. Give it a couple of months and hopefully I shall be able to reassess the situation. Cheers Steve W.....

Best of luck with the recovery.
I'd keep both bikes until you can make a firm decision either way.
Might need to update your sales thread as someone was asking about it and not heard back.