Without my E- Bike i would have not got back into ordinary cycling, no way

shep

Pedelecer
May 3, 2011
Back in April 2010 i decided i wanted to cycle again, but i was overweight seriously unfit, and was really interested in the idea of an E - Bike. So i bought a Tonaro Bighit, really nice bike, but after having a go on a Panasonic powered Kalkhoff Agattu, i sold the Tonaro and bought a Kalkhoff which i kept for the next 7 years. Then changed for a Bosch CX powered Cube Reaction Pro HPA 500 EMTB. Love all the electric bikes, just wonderful fun. But i was now getting a lot fitter, and have lost a lot of weight. So i bought a Genesis Tour De Fer 20 touring bike, and last June cycled from Biarritz back home to the UK. Raised £750 for Children with Cancer charity

This trip would never have happened without my reintroduction back into cycling with the E - Bikes, NO WAY !!! so far from " cheating" they actually got me back into ordinary cycling.

I love the ordinary cycles and i love my E - Bike, if i was forced to choose one, it would be the E - Bike, but i love both, and in different ways. So thanks E - Bikes, you have made me far fitter, far healthier, and you reintroduced me back to ordinary bikes. What price do you put on all of that?

Seriously thinking about packing the Genesis into a bike box, flying out to Athens and cycling home via Albania, Montenegro, Croatia and Slovenia this summer coming

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Nice post shep. I have a similar story to you, I had not been cycling for around 20 years and although back then I was a reasonable time trialist, I let all that fitness go and also had some health problems so never thought I would get back into cycling. A friend of mine gave me a go on his pedelect and I was hooked. I bought one in May of this year and I have done over 2500 miles on it and absolutely love it. I have also started doing a bit of non assist cycling something I really thought I would never have the fitness to manage where I live (lots of hills).

Reactions: shep and harrys