Woe - with a slightly silver lining

FatMog

Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2007
Bad, baaaad afternoon. :(

On the way back from a girlie shopping trip to Bluewater with my friend, someone smashed into the back of my little car and rammed it into the car in front.

Fortunately everyone involved walked away, but little car has (I suspect) had it.

But - at least once I got home I could get out my shiny new sprint and STILL manage to get up to see the horse and give him his tea. :) I'm gonna have to arrange a hire car to get to work (13 miles each way of horrendous roads) but at least I don't have to worry about the great equine lump fading away in the meantime!

Blimey, I can now almost justify the indulgence of buying the bike :rolleyes: !

electric.mike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2007
grimsby
FatMog
sorry to hear about your loss,:( if as i have been in the past you where reliant on your car for every thing its like loosing your legs, sad when you think what we have turned into.
i would be just the same on the occasions that i work the ebike is out of the question, the A180 is no place for ebikes.
mike

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
Sorry to hear that FatMog, coincidentally a similar thing happened to me soon after I'd bought my Torq. If it's any consolation the other parties insurers paid up very quickly, the manager of the bodyshop told me they nearly always do in the case of rear end shunts.

Glad to hear the horse won't be affected, but how do you carry a bale of hay on a bike? :D

FatMog

Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2007
Never ask anything horsey...

... even in jest, or you'll get a long and over-informative reply from a doting owner!

Anyway, it's spring, so hay is available in it's pre-cut free-range state on site! His tiny dinner is just a vehicle for garlic (against flies) and joint supplement cos he hurt himself last year, running away from flies! And the whole exercise is really to check that no legs have dropped off in the field overnight.

There - now you know waaay too much! :D

Advertisers