Wolftooth B Rad base plate and a BBS02 battery

Raboa

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2014
Hi, my bottle cage bosses are close to my seat tube so I was looking for a way to fit a battery without drilling my frame.

I bought the Wolftooth B Rad 4 slot base plate

I found that if I tried to use the third hole on my BBS02 battery plate and a bottle cage hole the BBS02 battery plate wires were to close to my seat tube.

This resulted in the BBS02 battery plate only being screwed into the B rad plate using 2 bolts, the B rad plate still used both bottle holes.

Installation we easy and the BBS02 battery plate fitted on top of the Brad plate with no problems.

The B rad plate comes with a pad which fits in-between the frame and the B rad plate to provide cushioning. I found this handy as my bottle cage holes are not flush with the frame.

The pad has a white and black side,. you peel off the white paper to reveal a sticky side, the sticky side goes against your bike frame.

Pros
Seems to do the job
Easy to fit
Can buy in UK

Cons
Expensive for what it is.
The smaller bolts that come with the B rad plate could be a little bit longer, they fit securely as they are. The bolt holes in the B rad plate are M5, the same size that come with the BBS02 plate and bottle cage bolts.

I used this with straps as I had them anyway.

I hope this helps, any questions let me know.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: elyob

elyob

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 28, 2021
I read the earlier idea about the Wolftooth, but never picked it up as undecided about putting extra holes in the frame. Your write up was awesome and I am happy to have copied your route to have a secure battery.

I've only had one ride so far, but Sigma Sports in Kingston were the best place to find the plate.

I also had some spare velcro wraps, which are very useful.

Reagrds

N

Attachments