Women's upright e-bike - £1.6k max budget

avey

Just Joined
May 30, 2020
Hi there,

I've being loving cycling in lockdown and have decided on an e-bike as a way of commuting to work and getting around (and up hills) on the weekends.

I would be averaging about 80 miles a week.

I want something pretty-ish (was about to buy the Pendleton Somerby electric bike at Halfords but reviews seem quite mixed, same goes for the Volt Burlington), upright and agile enough to manoeuvre through traffic.

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much

Last edited:

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Consider Woosh bikes, just made a purchase and very impressed with advice, customer service and correspondence. Impressive online buying experience start to finish.

Laser Man

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2018
Michelmersh SO51
A friend has a Forme Peak Trail which she really likes. It's a good looking bike - smart and well finished.
It's a little above your budget, but the 2021 ranges will be announced soon so you might be able to shop around and get one a bit cheaper.

At the £1000 mark, the advice to look at Woosh is good and you could also consider Wisper or Juicy. These makes offer much better bikes for the money than anything in Halfords or the big-name bikes shops.

• Agree
Reactions: avey and sjpt

avey

Just Joined
May 30, 2020
Thanks both, I have eyed up both Woosh and Juicy bikes but they won't be back in stock for a number of months (seems to be the case with most of the decent ones right now)

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Thanks both, I have eyed up both Woosh and Juicy bikes but they won't be back in stock for a number of months (seems to be the case with most of the decent ones right now)
Demand has been mental since lock down was hinted at being lifted and was at +200% YOY during late March, climbing steadily since to over 300% today!
We do have access to our French partners stock. In france they were really serious about the CV19 virus and couldn't sell bikes. Now opening bars again :)
So we have Neomouv bikes available and a new budget range available too.

Reactions: avey

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I can concur with Bob @ Juicy.
Demand is unusually high. I have never seen anything like this in the last 10 years.
We have shipment arriving every week from late July but you should think about reserving your bikes, by the time new stock arrives, there won't be much left.

Rambla, Santana3, Camino, Grand Camino: 20-July
Big Bear + Rambletta: 15-August

Reactions: avey

avey

Just Joined
May 30, 2020
Wiggle have got one of these left in stock, if you're looking for a prettier bike...

Thank you! I wanted to buy this but unfortunately the remaining 42cm frame is slightly too small for me (I'm 5'6). Appreciate it though.

Laser Man

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2018
Michelmersh SO51
Did you look at the Forme Peak Trail 2 ELS stepthrough?
They are down to £1499 at e-bikesdirect and have two frame sizes in stock. Bit of a bargain.