Woosh Bermuda/Cyclematic CX3

Rupert1

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2017
north wales
Hi all, not sure whether to post in this forum or the review one but guess moderator can shift if required. My wife and I have a motorhome and up to this year have used a motor scooter to get around on, however with advancing age it is getting heavy to manage so looked at other means of local transport. Decided electric bikes might be the answer so having looked at this forum for a while made the decision to buy a Cyclematic CX3 pro power which seemed very good value. The bike arrived well packaged when they said it would and all seemed well. Unpacked it and started to assemble all ok until I tried to fit the front wheel when it was found the fork lugs were about a cm. out of line. No sign of damage to packing or the forks so can only assume a problem at manufacturing stage. You cannot get Cyclematic on the phone so I emailed them and got a fast response. Unfortunately they have sold out of this bike but said they would collect and refund money. Repacking a nightmare but managed it and refund duly arrived a few days later, so well done Cyclematic. Still no bike though but Woosh Bikes seemed to have a decent name on here so decided on the Woosh Bermuda, this also arrived when they said it would. After struggling with the packaging , this is a heavy beast, it was quick to assemble and again all seemed ok, although some of the fittings seem pretty flimsy. Two screws on the carrier had stripped threads which I manged to re tap and fit larger ones. Have never ridden an electric bike before and against all advice tried none out but first ride was a revelation. Although the bike is very heavy, I was pretty taken aback by the weight at first, it handled ok and the shove from the tiny motor was impressive and the throttle I find useful. Around where I live it is pretty flat but even on the lowest power assist I never changed gear once on my first couple of rides. Very impressed with the performance, much better than I ever expected, however the horn fell to bits on my second ride, why fit this rubbish Woosh a cheap bell would be better. The mudguards do not look as if they will last long. I am aware these are built down to a price but far better to leave things off than fit sub-standard stuff. Am I happy with the bike despite the few problems, yes very, in fact my wife likes the look of the Woosh petite so this may be next purchase. Another small moan I had to phone Woosh several times to clarify points. On the Bermuda they state a 20” frame then a few lines later this changes an 18” frame. They contradict themselves in several places, come on Woosh you can do better than this.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello Rupert1,

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, Hatti has told me she does not want to see the horn again, so it's going. I can send you a bell if you haven't bought one already.

D

Deleted member 4366

How can the fork lugs be out of line? Do you mean that one fork leg was higher than the other?

Rupert1

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2017
north wales
Hello Rupert1,

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, Hatti has told me she does not want to see the horn again, so it's going. I can send you a bell if you haven't bought one already.
OK many thanks. What a good response from Woosh, restores my faith in companies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarabee

Rupert1

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2017
north wales
How can the fork lugs be out of line? Do you mean that one fork leg was higher than the other?
No, one fork leg appeared to be bent backwards but no sign of damage, as I would expect. This is why I said it looked as if it occurred in manufacturing process. Not sure what you want me to say and cannot see it matters the wheel would not fit.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Very sorry about this, Rupert.
I'll fix for you tomorrow.