Woosh Camino or Faro?

pitkin

Just Joined
Jan 25, 2020
Hi all,
I'm hoping to place an order this week for a Woosh bike, my dilemma is, that I'd settled on the Camino, but I'm a bit under 5'7, the blurb says for riders 5'8 and above. I'm wondering whether I'd get away with it?
If not, that leaves me with the Krieger, but I don't really want mid drive or the big bear, but that doesn't appeal to me style wise.

I live in an unadopted road (it's quite rough this time of year), so I have about a quarter mile of very mild off roading on my daily commute, which pushed me towards the Camino. The other Woosh bike I like is the Faro, but after 15 years of bouncing down my road on a rigid bike, I'd really appreciate the front suspension. I'd also like the bouncy seat post option, I don't know if that would make a difference to the size requirements?

I have a 78cm inside leg and my current bike measures 52cm on the seat tube, 53cm top tube, 64cm on the down tube on 700c wheels, if any of that helps.

Have any shorter riders ridden the Camino? I'd welcome any thoughts and opinions before I commit.

Thanks for any advice.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
both the Camino and the Faro have the same saddle height.
With the sprung seatpost, from the ground to top of the saddle: 98cm at its lowest setting.
If you opt for the unsprung seat post, from the ground to top of the saddle: 93cm.
You should be OK with either seatpost.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Top of the saddle to top of pedal in its lowest position might be helpful to pitkin.
Quite long legs plus thickness of shoes so should be well okay:)
Dave.

pitkin

Just Joined
Jan 25, 2020
Thanks for the replies, the Camino with the sprung post might be too big for me. I'll have a measure up in the daylight tomorrow.
Also, are the 17ah batteries available for the Camino? I notice other bikes have the option, but the Camino says sold out.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Thanks for the replies, the Camino with the sprung post might be too big for me. I'll have a measure up in the daylight tomorrow.
Also, are the 17ah batteries available for the Camino? I notice other bikes have the option, but the Camino says sold out.
we always keep some units for service, you can always ask Hatti if she can let you have one.

pitkin

Just Joined
Jan 25, 2020
My current saddle height is at about 95cm from the ground, so I should be able to get away with the Camino. I'll probably chance my luck with the sprung seat post, I can always swap over from one of my other bikes if I can't get on with it.
I didn't get home in time from work today early enough to phone up, I'll ride a bit faster tomorrow and hopefully make it in time.
Thanks again for your help.