Woosh Karoo - thanks

MostlyHarmless

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 8, 2018
Dear All, thanks to those who responded with advice and comments - I now have a Woosh Karoo and so far so good.

• It went together straightforwardly - I needed to adjust the front brakes and a few of the mudguard clips had fallen off but otherwise fine
  • It's to about the same standard (exactly the same rear mech for example) as my Horizon - I intend to do the same as I did with that one: replace bits when they wear out/break with either the same or better, depending on how good they were (or weren't).
  • It's cutting about 15-20 mins off my commute (originally 65mins) - so about 10mins more than my old one with about the same amount of actual effort, which is ideal. I guess I could take a bit more time and waft along fairly effortlessly but haven't felt like doing that so far (only two days in though).
  • It doesn't actually feel that different, (except for the initial just-started-pedaling 'kick') but it's clearly a lot faster on average - and it doesn't feel slow or heavy at > 25km/h, which was something I was a bit worried about
  • Flat bars were surprisingly "different" to start with - must admit that surprised me
  • I'm finding the grips uncomfortable - probably been spoiled by gel and thick bar tape - and also not being about to change hand positions much is a bit annoying.
  • I don't use the throttle - not even really intuitively clear what it does (at the speeds I've been going/pedaling, it seems not much at all). So am tempted to remove it (don't believe that will stop the bike working?) and fitting better grips and bar ends.

Thanks again!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Once you have a solid frame and drive that you like (as you appear to now have).....tinkering with different bars and grips and saddles and posts is all that’s left !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Woosh

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
I've pretty much always swapped out all contact points on every bike I've owned (saddles, grips, peddles), as well as tyres, it's a personal thing, so to be expected. Keep the old bits to put back on when you sell the bike on

MostlyHarmless

Sep 8, 2018
Hello MostlyHarmless,

to use the throttle, press the - button until you reach assist level 0.
You are now pedaling without assistance but the throttle is active - it lets you use the throttle to get exactly gradual assistance when needed.

email support@wooshbikes.co.uk to get a thumb throttle and replace the grips with a pair of Argon GP1.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ergon-gp1-handlebar-grips/

All the best,

Tony
Thank you - much appreciated and I will:) I wasn't clear about the throttle - I intellectual know how it works, it's just not ingrained in me to use it - just makes more sense to pedal harder/faster

MostlyHarmless

Sep 8, 2018
I've pretty much always swapped out all contact points on every bike I've owned (saddles, grips, peddles), as well as tyres, it's a personal thing, so to be expected. Keep the old bits to put back on when you sell the bike on
Yes, me too - usually when they wear out though. But I've already put my old saddle (Lidl, years old, indestructible it seems) on and got SPD+flat pedals on order (my wife will ride it sometimes).

Thanks again everyone

Kizza

Pedelecer
Oct 28, 2017
London
Dear All, thanks to those who responded with advice and comments - I now have a Woosh Karoo and so far so good.

• It went together straightforwardly - I needed to adjust the front brakes and a few of the mudguard clips had fallen off but otherwise fine
  • It's to about the same standard (exactly the same rear mech for example) as my Horizon - I intend to do the same as I did with that one: replace bits when they wear out/break with either the same or better, depending on how good they were (or weren't).
  • It's cutting about 15-20 mins off my commute (originally 65mins) - so about 10mins more than my old one with about the same amount of actual effort, which is ideal. I guess I could take a bit more time and waft along fairly effortlessly but haven't felt like doing that so far (only two days in though).
  • It doesn't actually feel that different, (except for the initial just-started-pedaling 'kick') but it's clearly a lot faster on average - and it doesn't feel slow or heavy at > 25km/h, which was something I was a bit worried about
  • Flat bars were surprisingly "different" to start with - must admit that surprised me

• I'm finding the grips uncomfortable - probably been spoiled by gel and thick bar tape - and also not being about to change hand positions much is a bit annoying.
  • I don't use the throttle - not even really intuitively clear what it does (at the speeds I've been going/pedaling, it seems not much at all). So am tempted to remove it (don't believe that will stop the bike working?) and fitting better grips and bar ends.

Thanks again!
hey, do you know if it's possible to derestrict this bike using the LCD display?

For example, if the law ever changed, or you wanted to use the bike on private land etc.

Thanks